I was wondering if something had gone wrong.
[my short story]
mintUpate notified me of an update so I applied it. The update went installed with no problems. I had to reboot to test a startup script. After the reboot, I noticed a broken lock in the task bar. I ran mintUpdate several times and it would not go through. I thought my install had gone bad from the last update. So I came here to see if the repositories where down and they are sure enough they are. Thank You for letting everybody know of the problem. Hope you don't have a hard time getting it running again.
Thanks for all you're hard work