Linux Mint 5 x64 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
ZenDJiNN
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 5 x64 released!

Post by ZenDJiNN »

knuckles wrote:@ZenDJiNN
If you are already so in-love with Elyssa64, so wait for Felicia64 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hi knuckles, thanks for the reply. Wow!!! There's a teaser if ever there was one. :lol: OK, i'll bite, what's the skinny on the next 64 bit release? Any advance info? I'm just sooooo impressed with Linux Mint overall. I'm currently using Mint 5 (x86) as my main "Day to day" desktop, and it's absolutely fantastic. Again it's faster than pretty much everything else out there, and that's with ALL the stuff that comes with the full GNOME experience!! So yeah, you can bet i'll be waiting to give the next 64bit release a go!! :D
xavest

Post by xavest »

Sorry, but i've downloaded x64 edition and...i've found that the real instalation was ubuntu hardy.
I think it's a temporal mistake. Isn'it?
ZenDJiNN
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ZenDJiNN »

xavest wrote:Sorry, but i've downloaded x64 edition and...i've found that the real instalation was ubuntu hardy.
I think it's a temporal mistake. Isn'it?
It could indeed be a temporal mistake, but i think it's more likely to be a good call while the problems with Intrepid Ibex get sorted out. Hardy works very well, as we can see with Mint 64. Really looking forward to the next release though..... :D
xavest

Post by xavest »

I mean that the file named "LinuxMint-5-x64.iso", in direct download option, is wrong.
mercier

Post by mercier »

elyboy wrote:
I am having the same issue here... though i am not using 64bit edition... but the problem is exactly the same... can anyone help? please...
x2 on elyssa 64bit
cespinal

Post by cespinal »

Oooops... I rushed down and did not notice Elyssa had a 64X version...

I installed the 32 bit version on my AMD core duo HP Laptop and feels rock solid...which is great anyway cuz im installingit on my brothers' older desktops and it's working GREAT.

Is there any substantial difference I should change architecture for???

Return to “Releases & Announcements”