Linux Mint 5 Fluxbox released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Borsook

Re: Linux Mint 5 Fluxbox released!

Post by Borsook »

I'm sorry for asking a question that probably is already answered, but:

Could you please give me the exact Hdd space taken by the clean Fluxbox installation? Also what is recommended (for comfortable work, not minimal) amount of RAM required?
Husse

Post by Husse »

In Virtualbox 2.9 GB and it works fine with 256 MB set aside
I lowered to 183 MB and although it seemed to run fine I got some error closing down so 196 is perhaps the least I can recommend
However to install with 196 MB you need to create a swap file first as the live CD uses "a bit" more
Borsook

Post by Borsook »

Husse wrote:In Virtualbox 2.9 GB and it works fine with 256 MB set aside
I lowered to 183 MB and although it seemed to run fine I got some error closing down so 196 is perhaps the least I can recommend
However to install with 196 MB you need to create a swap file first as the live CD uses "a bit" more
Thanx for the info. Why does it seem to me that 2.9 GB is actually more then main edition of MInt?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Remember my figures are from Virtualbox - this may, or may not add to the size
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

My experience has been around 2GB... my testing vritual machine has a 2.5GB hard drive including the swap partition...
paolone

Post by paolone »

Greetings !!! Great Job Shane !!!
:lol: On my laptop Dell C600 with 40Gb of hard disk size and 512mbram all work without problem :lol:
And all the hardware was recognized :!: :!: :!:

Thanks for make a new life to this old machine :!: :!: :!:
Paolone
AlabamaHit

Post by AlabamaHit »

Um...i tried to install on Petuim 2 with 512 RAM......just hung up and crashed....tried it 10 times...Literally. guess the live cd just wants to much to install...Maybe make it without the graphics?? so OLD computers can use it....that have Crappy Video cards Like mine, lol
diedo

Post by diedo »

cool runs very smooth and fast

Return to “Releases & Announcements”