Linux Mint 6 RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Handyman

Re: Linux Mint 6 RC1 Bug Thread

Post by Handyman »

Panpan wrote:Hmm, maybe I have not been clear enough. The problem is that windows don't appear in Linux Mint's taskbar anymore. As you can see on the screenshot below, there is no tabs in the taskbar even though there is 3 different applications already opened... pretty annoying
I've seen this on my system, when I drug a file to the taskbar, and it created an application launching icon there, and suddenly all my open apps no longer appeared. Removing the icon caused all the apps to reappear.

Try removing that icon you have just to the right of Tomboy. I can't tell when it is, but maybe its preventing the apps from appearing as happened to me.
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

You probably removed or totally reduced the panel that lists Windows. Right click on your panel and choose to add "Windows list".
owen1978

Post by owen1978 »

Panpan wrote:
jwdeitch4 wrote:this is caused by javascript on some websites.
you can fix it by very slightly resizing the window, and by not maximizing firefox.
Hmm, maybe I have not been clear enough. The problem is that windows don't appear in Linux Mint's taskbar anymore. As you can see on the screenshot below, there is no tabs in the taskbar even though there is 3 different applications already opened... pretty annoying
Thanks for your help
This used to happen to me too, for me i would lose the taskbar but also the web browser header turned from the default blue colour to
ubuntu brown.

I cant remember what i have done for it to stop happening, but i tried resizing from full screen to normal, and had some firefox updates
too which might have sorted it!
Panpan

Post by Panpan »

GoustiFruit wrote:You probably removed or totally reduced the panel that lists Windows. Right click on your panel and choose to add "Windows list".
This worked, thank you so much :)
orangutan_X

Post by orangutan_X »

There's a problem with the mint menu, when i move the mouse over the categories and settle on one sometime it flickers between that catergory and the one above/below it.

Thanks for all the hard work on Mint 6. i absolutely love it. Congratulations :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

There's a problem with the mint menu, when i move the mouse over the categories and settle on one sometime it flickers between that catergory and the one above/below it.
This is a known issue. I do not know know when it will be addressed and strangely, it does not occur on every system.
morty007

Post by morty007 »

I have the flickering problem as well, should be easy to fix I would think.
orangutan_X

Post by orangutan_X »

at least it is nothing major. Thanks for the info, and glad its not just me going crazy ;-)

curious why it doesn't do it on every system.

Would an Intel graphics card have something to do with it maybe?
pmgant

Post by pmgant »

With fourteen pages of bug reports I'll probably grow old and die before this is seen.

However..................

Sony notebook PCG-K415B - Suspend, Hibernate AND Shutdown not working

Suspend
When activated notebook shuts down and power LED flashes red (this is normal). Pressing the spacebar or the power button turns on the notebook, there is a brief flash of the hard drive LED and then nothing.

Hibernate
When activated there is a lot of hard drive activity and X shuts down to leave a flashing text cursor on the top left of the screen, the notebook does not shut down. Pressing the power button at this point turns off the power but on restart I get a full reboot instead of a restore from hibernate.

Shutdown
When activated there is a lot of hard drive activity and X shuts down to leave a flashing text cursor on the top left of the screen, the notebook does not shut down. Pressing the power button at this point turns off the power.

In 1997 Microsoft managed to build an OS that would suspend, hibernate or shut down my P II Compaq notebook. It appears that in 2009 Linux still cannot manage this. I'm not impressed.

P M Gant

Return to “Releases & Announcements”