Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" RC1 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" RC1 released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 RC1. Congratulations and thanks to all the people who contributed to this release, to all the translators, to the upstream developers and projects which made this possible and above all to the development team for their continuous support [...]

Read more: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=430

Bug reports: http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=18672

Clem.
Salamantis

Re: Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" RC1 released!

Post by Salamantis »

Last edited by Salamantis on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Borsook

Post by Borsook »

A few questions:

1.Could anyone please tell me which OpenOffice is included in 6? And, if it is 2.4, is 3.0 in the repositories?
2. How is the wubi work progressing?
3. Is the feature list "final", or is it possible that 6 will include some features not present in 6RC1 or just bug fixes?
alligoodw

Post by alligoodw »

This is exciting news indeed. I am curious though. Will any of the new programs or updates be ported back to Linux Mint 5? I've never used Linux Mint prior to version 5, and I'm not sure what impact a new build has on older build. Too, will there be an upgrade to Linux 6 from Linux 5?
hopetoregistersoon

Post by hopetoregistersoon »

Great work Clem and crew looking forward for a xfce version
morsecode

Post by morsecode »

बधाई हो! (congratulations). New features are quite interesting. I look forward to try it out.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yes most (if not all) of the new tools will eventually be backported to Elyssa (Mint 5)
Yes there will (finally) be an upgrade tool and to secure against wrong upgrades please read this topic
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=18090
-iceblade^

Post by -iceblade^ »

to the person that asked about openoffice, it's 2.4, but i'm going to be installing 3 as soon as it is installed using this guide.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-I ... 6449.shtml

great work guys. i'm so anxious to try this... i'm seeding for others and installing as we speak. i'll prolly seed for the next 2/3 days to help spread the Mint love :D. thank you so much!!!
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

Downloading, and preparing to roadtest. :)
psych1610

Post by psych1610 »

Awesome! I just got a new 80 GB hard drive to.. this is perfect timing!

Oh, I'll also be seeding this torrent for a few weeks on a 100 mbit connection, good speeds for all and for all a good night.
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Just finish installing Mint 6 RC and so far everything is working. installed ATI driver and have desktop effects running with no problem. Wow you have done a great job on this release so far! :D
PRGUY85

Post by PRGUY85 »

Hey there:

Will the new release provide perhaps new theme or artwork? This is something Intrepid Ibex and Hardy Heron promised but didn't deliver. Maybe a new Minty artwork can make amends and bring more people over to this great distro.
Tithis

Post by Tithis »

I've noticed they've made some small changes to the theme. I mostly just noticed the buttons look much better on websites now.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

-iceblade^ wrote:to the person that asked about openoffice, it's 2.4, but i'm going to be installing 3 as soon as it is installed using this guide.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-I ... 6449.shtml

great work guys. i'm so anxious to try this... i'm seeding for others and installing as we speak. i'll prolly seed for the next 2/3 days to help spread the Mint love :D. thank you so much!!!
I'm not so sure about that guide, I tried it and got nothing but errors in OO. I would follow these instructions: http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... ce#p111122 and then you will need to navigate to the desktop-integration folder inside the OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358 folder. Double click on the .deb files and it will install the menu entries for you. :)
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

PRGUY85 wrote:Hey there:

Will the new release provide perhaps new theme or artwork? This is something Intrepid Ibex and Hardy Heron promised but didn't deliver. Maybe a new Minty artwork can make amends and bring more people over to this great distro.
Is there no new artwork? :(
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

and i just installed today mint 5 kde CE then this comes ~_~
anyway i can wait until the final release :shock:
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
knuckles

Post by knuckles »

@badmotor:
why change an so good artwork?
No Clem already say in an other threat that the artwork will not change, perheps a new background.
by clem on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:09 pm
Hi everyone,

I don't want to disappoint or discourage anyone. Remember this is highly subjective and even when your work doesn't get selected as the default artwork or even within the selection of alternative backgrounds it's still appreciated by the community and an asset to users.

I haven't seen anything so far that I liked more than what we had for Mint 5. I'm still thinking on keeping the same artwork or changing to "Circle" (which was an alternative in Mint 5).

Clem.
Borsook

Post by Borsook »

PRGUY85 wrote:Hey there:

Intrepid does have a new theme, just not completely different from the previous one...
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

This 'giver' tool, is it possible to install it in Elyssa? If so, what are the repositories for it or where can I find it?
Husse

Post by Husse »

There is no new artwork - the one we have is so good we think we don't have to change it.
That said we are working on metapackages with some new artwork for those who want some change
I hope they are ready around the time of the final release
We also intend to add wubi, called WLMI in Mint, at the time of the final release

Return to “Releases & Announcements”