Linux Mint 6 x64 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Yownanymous

Re: Linux Mint 6 x64 released!

Post by Yownanymous »

First of all, which OS and which browser are you using?
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Justin,

I have had that happen a few times previously with a regular download from HEAnet. I switched to the University of Crete and got a full download. I have no idea why, but it worked.

That being said, I have never gotten a bad download using the official torrent. That is all I have used lately for my downloads. I use Transmission, which comes by default in Mint. Good luck.
stevefed5291

Post by stevefed5291 »

I recently got a new laptop (with vista64 :x), and the first thing I did when I got home was throw the 32bit version of mint 6 on it. Now I've upgraded to the 64 bit version of mint and couldn't be happier. Since then I've burned cd's for a few of my friends (they all love it too) and am still seeding the torrent. Great work guys!
naz

Post by naz »

installed and its run perfectly with amd turion64x2,1 gb memory(ddr2 dual channel) but after ugrade to 4gb it fail to load x,pls help.
Bazzaah

Post by Bazzaah »

installed 64 bit Mint it today - very impressed; sharp, quick and snappy.

One thing - I tried to install Mint a few days ago after installing drivers via Ndiswrapper. When I then tried to install Mint, it wouldn't recognise my HDD, nor the partitions on it. I got a new wireless card today, which worked out of the box and Mint installed perfectly.

Just a possible issue for you to be aware of with ndiswrapper and 64bit Mint.
jag1182

Post by jag1182 »

I'm trying to move to 6 x64, but can't get it stable. I loaded it last night, and it ran fine, so I loaded some extras, which seemed to be fine until I shut it down for the evening. When I turned it back on this morning, I found the problem - it'll load, and will run one time, then when I try to turn it back on it doesn't run again. Specifically, I get the following:

Starting up...
[ 0.004000] Aperture beyond 4 GB. Ignoring.
[ 0.004000] Your BIOS doesn't have a aperture memory hole
[ 0.004000] Please enable the IOMMU option in the BIOS setup
[ 0.004000] This costs you 64MB of RAM
Loading, please wait...
19+0 records in
19+0 records out
kinit: name_to_dev_t (1 dev/disk/by-uuid/d9808db8-ee16-4f79-8e19-42b6ca548001) = dev (8,7)
kinit: trying to resume from /dev/disk/by-uuid/d9808db8-ee16-4f79-8e19-42b6ca548001
kinit - no resume image, doing normal boot...

Linux Mint 6 Felicia x64 Edition MommaBear-desktop tty1

Momma Bear-desktop login:

At this time if I enter my login and password it'll come up as in terminal - not that I know what to do with it from there. :roll:

The other issue I'm having is that I have a Logitech Quickcam Communicate MP - but the system doesn't see it...

System: MSI K9N4 SLI NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI chipset motherboard; AMI BIOS v1.3 Build date 05/22/07; AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ cache L2 size 2048KB; 3.9 GB (two 2GB sticks) Patriot DDR-2 dual-channel memory); two GeForce 9600 GT Video cards (SLI) (512 MB DDR3); Zephyr 750 W SLI P/S; Maxtor 6Y160 PO HD; Litescribe DVD R/W; Matshita CDROM;

Any thoughts on how to make this work?
jag1182

Post by jag1182 »

Haven't figured the webcam out yet - but the solution to the Gnome refusing to load is in "Graphics cards and Monitors", "NIVIDIA with SLI" post by Abidaba on Saturday, Nov 15, 2008. Clear concise instructions that solved the problem in minutes without delay.
BaidareW

Post by BaidareW »

When we can expect new version of x64 :) ?
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Post by atlef »

Probably after Ubuntu 9.04 is released.

atlef.
BaidareW

Post by BaidareW »

Sure after 9.04, but when :) ? It would be nice to have schedule.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”