Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox RC1 Bug Thread

Postby tawan on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 am

I upgraded to kernel 2.6.27-11 and took all the other upgrades that Package Manager offered me including the new Slim. I did it from a relatively fresh install and all is well this time, no 'Mysterious Window' bug appeared - all good :)
tawan
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby shane on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:39 am

phonicboom wrote:I upgraded to kernel 2.6.27-11 and took all the other upgrades that Package Manager offered me including the new Slim. I did it from a relatively fresh install and all is well this time, no 'Mysterious Window' bug appeared - all good :)

Yes Merwliz located the bug in slim and fixed it...
shane
Level 6
Level 6

Postby sausagepotato on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:10 am

hey, I just installed mint onto my old computer (433mhz pentium III, 256 mb ram), and I loved it! :D
But there were a few things I noticed...
1. It seemed as if it was laggier when xcompmgr was disabled rather than enabled. I'm not quite sure why this is, so I just left it on. (Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?)
2. At first I had trouble mounting my external usb hard drive, but I edited my /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf like what was shown in the link
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? ... 05#p506905
3. I couldn't unlock the keyring for "time and date", but it worked after I opened up Authorizations, and in the "Manage System Configuration" section under Implicit authorizations I modified "Console: no" to "Console: admin authentication" and it worked :)

Overall though, it's wonderful! =D
sausagepotato
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements