Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox RC1 Bug Thread

Postby tawan on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 am

I upgraded to kernel 2.6.27-11 and took all the other upgrades that Package Manager offered me including the new Slim. I did it from a relatively fresh install and all is well this time, no 'Mysterious Window' bug appeared - all good :)
tawan
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby shane on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:39 am

phonicboom wrote:I upgraded to kernel 2.6.27-11 and took all the other upgrades that Package Manager offered me including the new Slim. I did it from a relatively fresh install and all is well this time, no 'Mysterious Window' bug appeared - all good :)

Yes Merwliz located the bug in slim and fixed it...
shane
Level 6
Level 6

Postby sausagepotato on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:10 am

hey, I just installed mint onto my old computer (433mhz pentium III, 256 mb ram), and I loved it! :D
But there were a few things I noticed...
1. It seemed as if it was laggier when xcompmgr was disabled rather than enabled. I'm not quite sure why this is, so I just left it on. (Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?)
2. At first I had trouble mounting my external usb hard drive, but I edited my /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf like what was shown in the link
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? ... 05#p506905
3. I couldn't unlock the keyring for "time and date", but it worked after I opened up Authorizations, and in the "Manage System Configuration" section under Implicit authorizations I modified "Console: no" to "Console: admin authentication" and it worked :)

Overall though, it's wonderful! =D
sausagepotato
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements