Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1 Bug Thread

Postby big_dog1968 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:56 am

kosmonaut wrote:Amarok doesn't crossfade between songs, but fades song out when song is stoped. Can this be confirmed?

To me, the new Amarok is a mess period. Dynamic Playlist does not work at all like it should. You can no longer set a criteria and have it separate that into a playlist. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was what a dynamic playlist was for. We're not talking one of those I like the way the old Amarok did this better than the way the new Amarok does this, I am talking about a broken feature. I tried to get help at Amarok's forum, and you shouldn't waste your time.

I want to know if there is an alternative player made for KDE or the old Amarok will work properly with KDE 4.
big_dog1968
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby WildSioux on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:26 pm

A few bugs with the Kmenu (kicker). See this thread...
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=24079
- Won't disappear
- Unable to type unless clicking on text box first.

Noticed these bugs after some updates with the Kubuntu ppa repo's enabled.
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Nathan P on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't like the new Amarok either, I can't figure out how to view my whole library, and when I try to play songs it puts them into playlists automatically. I don't want playlist with half Dvorak and half Underoath, it's just a pain. Running Foobar2000 under Wine is painfully easy and works great. :D

Also I'm having problems with flash, YouTube videos buffer slowly and restart often, the sound skips and freezes and cuts out, in general it's buggy.
Nathan P
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements