Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 6 KDE RC1 Bug Thread

Postby big_dog1968 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:56 am

kosmonaut wrote:Amarok doesn't crossfade between songs, but fades song out when song is stoped. Can this be confirmed?

To me, the new Amarok is a mess period. Dynamic Playlist does not work at all like it should. You can no longer set a criteria and have it separate that into a playlist. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was what a dynamic playlist was for. We're not talking one of those I like the way the old Amarok did this better than the way the new Amarok does this, I am talking about a broken feature. I tried to get help at Amarok's forum, and you shouldn't waste your time.

I want to know if there is an alternative player made for KDE or the old Amarok will work properly with KDE 4.
big_dog1968
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby WildSioux on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:26 pm

A few bugs with the Kmenu (kicker). See this thread...
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=24079
- Won't disappear
- Unable to type unless clicking on text box first.

Noticed these bugs after some updates with the Kubuntu ppa repo's enabled.
WildSioux
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Nathan P on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't like the new Amarok either, I can't figure out how to view my whole library, and when I try to play songs it puts them into playlists automatically. I don't want playlist with half Dvorak and half Underoath, it's just a pain. Running Foobar2000 under Wine is painfully easy and works great. :D

Also I'm having problems with flash, YouTube videos buffer slowly and restart often, the sound skips and freezes and cuts out, in general it's buggy.
Nathan P
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements