Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox released!

Postby flameproof on Sat May 09, 2009 3:47 am

Shane,

Well, I've cooled off a bit since I wrote that last and I'll have to apologize if I sounded miffed, but, well, darn it, I was. I hate seeing something I really enjoy "improved" so much it becomes unusable and it seems to me, at least, that Mint Fluxbox might be heading that way. Please - please for gosh sake - take into account when you create your distros that you're not just making them for the new kids, but an established and VERY APPRECIATIVE user base, too.

Honestly, the Fluxbox Mint distro was basically similar to what I would have rolled out myself and was actually working toward when it came out, so I owe you a great deal of thanks for that if nothing else:). Recently I decided to ditch my dual Win/Linux and go mount my /home on my other drive with Mint as the main and that's why I thought I'd try the new version. Not to harp a point, but you must have realized when you started this that the whole reason for using Fluxbox as the WM was for it's speed, utility and elegance - so why detract from that by burying what it does best amidst glamorous effects? I'm not so sure that "looking good" is a feature the same way that speed, utility and configurability are. You might want to reconsider that one. But to each their own and I thank you again for at least allowing us "old fuddies" the option of turning it off and getting it out of the way.

Sadly, I have no Python skills to speak of. But I'll hold out with Elyssa until Gloria comes out and I can give that a try. Again, thanks and I didn't mean to stomp on toes - just kind of stomp in general.
flameproof
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements