Linux Mint 6 KDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 6 KDE released!

Postby saltyp on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 am

This is GOLD!
The team have done a wonderful job. Updates are still crazy huge after install. But thats OK for anyone with a good connection/plan etc. My OS of choice is Open SuSE KDE. My wife runs Mint/XP dual boot and I have Mint 6 on both my laptops. Currently Mint 6 KDE is installed on my Eeepc with the EeePC Kernel. The wife is happy with the gnome offerings but the KDE desktop has me at home and happy. Well done to Boo and the crew.
if it aint broken....dont let me near it
saltyp
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby ebaut on Mon May 04, 2009 4:50 am

I`m testing this on VBox.. wonderful! :D

one day Mint will conquer the world :mrgreen:
ebaut
Level 3
Level 3

Postby ozmont on Tue May 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Can I suggest you try this, it worked for me. Go to the etc\network directory. open it as root, change configuration files properties to allow others access to read and write. Then go to the network tools and elete every connection in there. Create a new connection as a static IP with nothing in the MAC address. Make sure you tick the system settings box on there. when you close it there should be a request for authentication to change the system wide settings. OK this. Then start the network tools and use the drop down menu to go to the information about the ethernet device you are configuring. Copy the physical address from the information window. Go back to the network configurattion and paste the address into MAC address entry. The IP addressshould stick. Restart the machine and check it.

Oamont
ozmont
Level 1
Level 1

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements