Linux Mint 7 RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Linux Mint 7 RC1 Bug Thread

Post by newW2 »

Do you mean the notifications that came the Jaunty base? Not if it's these notifications that you speak of. Take a look here for an example of what I think you are asking about.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Installi ... 5221.shtml
kaixi

Post by kaixi »

alexxx24887 wrote:What about the notifications in the upper right corner?
alexxx24887 wrote:Notifications appear at the top right, shouldn't they appear on the right bottom?
I second that.

@clem:
I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread, so I don't know if the following bug has been already reported. Here it goes:

After I right-click on the Trash icon in Mintmenu and select Empty trash, I can't select the search field in Mintmenu. Also, Mintmenu stays open even if I click elsewhere in the desktop. The only way to close it is either by clicking Menu or hitting the Super key
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

kaixi wrote:After I right-click on the Trash icon in Mintmenu and select Empty trash, I can't select the search field in Mintmenu. Also, Mintmenu stays open even if I click elsewhere in the desktop. The only way to close it is either by clicking Menu or hitting the Super key
Yeah, very annoying. :x
kaixi

Post by kaixi »

ayonkhan wrote:
kaixi wrote:After I right-click on the Trash icon in Mintmenu and select Empty trash, I can't select the search field in Mintmenu. Also, Mintmenu stays open even if I click elsewhere in the desktop. The only way to close it is either by clicking Menu or hitting the Super key
Yeah, very annoying. :x
It kills the usability completely.
rushman

Post by rushman »

Hi,
Great update.
Only one problem for me.
Laptop Lenovo v200 no dvd playing.On two main computors no problem.
Error panel say' unable to read disk possible that libdvdcss not installed.
Have reinstalled twice same problem.
thanks rushman
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

rick0713 wrote:Mint 7 Gloria is missing wvdial. I can not get to the internet using my 56K modem with out this feature. Mint 6 had this feature.
Removed from Ubuntu 9.04. :(
FastGame
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FastGame »

ayonkhan wrote:
rick0713 wrote:Mint 7 Gloria is missing wvdial. I can not get to the internet using my 56K modem with out this feature. Mint 6 had this feature.
Removed from Ubuntu 9.04. :(
So does this mean that Linux Mint should say the hell with dial-up users the way Ubuntu does :roll: And what about all the people using USB modems for Verizon, AT&T mobile wireless ?

Like it or not, there's millions of dial-up users in this world. Is it fair (let alone smart) for any Distro to snub market share..... :twisted:

No reason what so ever that wvdial, Gnome-PPP/KPPP shouldn't be included.......
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

Linux Mint should have apturl install by default.
What is apturl?
AptUrl is a simple graphical application that takes an URL (which follows the apt-protocol) as a command line option, parses it and carries out the operations that the URL describes (that is, it asks the user if he wants the indicated packages to be installed and if the answer is positive does so for him).
reverend_nerd

MintUpdate 3.7.6 bug

Post by reverend_nerd »

I just got a fresh install from Mint 7 RC1, and got everything updated, through the Synaptics, since I also perform some tweaking and cleaning useless packages.
Those updates set me up to the MintSystem 7.4.6 and MintUpdate 3.7.6
Now, I can't seen to use the MintUpdate tool. The process is similar to other bugs described here: It starts looking for updates then it freezes (turning gray) and stays there.
I managed to get the following error message on the terminal everytime it crashes:
-- Exception occured in the refresh thread: unsupported format character 'a' (0x61) at index 10
Hope it helps the developers! :)

Ahh and also, having loads of fun with the new distro! :D
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

Ayonkhan

Wvdial is available in the package manager, just select and install.
willxtreme

Post by willxtreme »

The folder contents could not be displayed.
Sorry, could not display all the contents of "Music": Failed to get file list: -8: Fixed limit exceeded

That's the error I get when I try to browse the Music folder of my Creative Zen.

(There's a proprietary software that comes with it but it's optional because I remember in Windows XP it would recognize it as a MTP device with WMP11 and I could access the folder to drag and drop my mp3s without problems)

Anyone else got that error before probably with an mp3 player? What should I do?
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Response to Rick0713
I still have Mint 6, so if anyone knows how to 'UPGRADE' to Mint 7 by using Mint 6......please advise.
From the Linux Mint Blog
Linux Mint 7 “Gloria” released!
Written by Clem on Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 @ 5:40 pm | Main Topics
An upgrade path for Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” users will be published in a few days.
See also:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... a&start=30
Husse

Post by Husse »

About wvdial - look here
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=26164
And there is no need to be unpolite
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

Husse wrote:And there is no need to be unpolite
Right. :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

THE SEARCH WINDOW IN SYNAPTICS DOES NOT WORK... YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE TINY LITTLE SEARCH TO THE RIGHT OF IT AND ENTER YOUR ITEM THERE....

STUPID TO HAVE A SEARCH WINDOW THAT DOESNT WORK..EH....
Search works just fine here.
VUSE DOES NOT WORK..

IT INSTALLS FROM THE PORTAL JUST FINE,
BUT THE ICON DOES NOTHING... YOU CAN CLICK IT ALL DAY LONG
AND NOTHING HAPPENS...

BEFORE YOU BLAME AZURUS... IT WORKED JUST FINE IN ELYSSA... SO ITS YOUR GLORIA..NOT VUSE...
Try running it in a terminal, see what happens.
FIREFOX DOES NOT CLEAR THE BROWSING HISTORY , EVEN IF THE PREFERENCES ARE CHECKED IN THE SECURITY SECTION TO DO SO... AFTER CLEARING ALL PRIVATE DATA, THE HISTORY IS STILL THERE WHEN YOU CLICK THE DOWN ARROW OF THE ADDRESS BAR.

THIS IS NOT GOOD.................
This has been around since Firefox 3 was introduced. There is a work around but it will slow down the browser and only a limited amout of history is saved anyway.
NETBOOKS HAVE A RESOLUTION OF 1024 X 600

MOST OF THE SCREENS AND WINDOWS OVER RUN THAT VERTICALLY BY A TINY BIT , MEANING YOU CANT
HIT THE OK OR APPLY OR CANCEL BUTTONS..ECT...

FIX THE RESOLUTION FOR THAT SIZE..
I don't think all netbooks have the same size screen. Try adjusting your resolution.

Last but not least, turn off your caps lock!
themew

Post by themew »

trot2millah wrote:For some reason the OpenOffice 3.0.1 load screen displays 2.4 artwork, when it didn't do this before.
After running Mint for months and staying current on the updates, I got a Mint Artwork update through Synaptic so I told it to go ahead with the update... The package downloaded, wouldn't install and showed a broken package. I reinstalled the package and the error is gone, Mint Update shows NO UPDATES NEEDED but my Open Office 3.0.1 displays the 2.4 artwork with the Mint logo in the lower right hand corner.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Was this update suppose to download as the version number was higher than the current, as I was current until this update appeared.

I updated my desktop (the error above is on the laptop) and the same package error, fix and 2.4 splash screen on 3.0.1 appears.

Oh, I had also done the big Open Office version update that came down last week about 24 hours before the Mint Artwork update appeared...

Return to “Releases & Announcements”