Linux Mint 7 RC1 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.

Re: Linux Mint 7 RC1 released!

Postby darco on Tue May 26, 2009 12:12 am

Final is working perfectly on my 2.5yr old Toshiba laptop....wireless went smoothly... wallpaper really a nice touch..I may install over Jaunty.....cant wait for the x64 version!

darco
darco
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby defilippo on Tue May 26, 2009 3:55 am

the user guide has been updated http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_gloria.php so i think we won't have to wait too much for the official announcement :P
defilippo
Level 1
Level 1

Postby trident on Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 am

Excellent! I'm holding out for the torrent to be released, so I can give back to Mint in a small way by seeding it.
trident
Level 1
Level 1

Postby darco on Tue May 26, 2009 11:00 am

Reading the guide, in order to disable IPV6 we need to update the kernel? Is that right?

darco
darco
Level 3
Level 3

Postby fredbird67 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:07 pm

KansasNoob, thanks for providing that tip about disabling the terminal fortunes. I am a guy with a real off-the-wall sense of humor (just ask my wife!), and ordinarily, I would enjoy the fortunes. That is, until I saw a fortune that said "You will be divorced within a year". As a Christian married man, I was very offended by that statement. I was a single guy for a long time, and it took me 35 years to find the lady who is now my wife, and by golly, I intend to hang onto her until the Lord calls one of us home. Again, thanks for the tip.

Oh, and Clem, if you're gonna continue to have the terminal fortunes, please delete that particular fortune, because I did not find it funny in the least, and in fact, I found it offensive due to the damage that divorce causes and has caused since divorce became widespread here in the United States in the 1970's. Thank you.

Fred in St. Louis, MO USA
fredbird67
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jeff110 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:35 am

I would like to help test this. What is needed to do so? Thank you so much for all your hard work. I just finished reading the release notes for Mint7 and Jaunty..
jeff110
Level 1
Level 1

Postby emorrp1 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:11 am

Hi jefft10, and Welcome to Linux Mint. Mint 7 Gloria graduated from RC to final release back in may, so there is no iso to test, simply download the final release.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to Releases & Announcements