Linux Mint 10 "Julia" released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
JonM33

Re: Linux Mint 10 "Julia" released!

Post by JonM33 »

rfraser3 wrote:Great new version and a simple quick upgrade from Isadora - and I am a complete newbie to Linux!!!
Well done.
Rog
How does someone do an upgrade in Linux? Does the new DVD have that option if you pop it in on a current LM9 install?
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Well I ended up back to Mint 9. I was running the Mint 10 64bit and just could not get my video to work right. I had flickering, freezing, crashing, etc. constantly. I tried to install the 32bit to see if that would help but it freezes every time right after I put in my name and password info so I am going to wait for these issues to be worked out and try again. I tried everything I could find including changing kernels and downgrading nividia but nothing worked. I do love everything else though. It really is a very elegant distro.

Robin
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

z06gal wrote:It really is a very elegant distro.
I agree. Possibly the best looking Linux distro (vanilla install) that I have ever seen.
allypink

Post by allypink »

Updated with all data copied over and programs reloaded. (I always use two HDs, keep usernames the same and grsync everyting over) Smoooooth! Love it. The only thing with my nvidia card the calendar still finds a separate home on the screen. I figure this is a compiz problem as it only happens after compiz installation. But hey; that's no probs at all. That's all I can find. Another boring release of Mint! :lol: Time for another donation. Well done folks.
volani.webnode.cz

Post by volani.webnode.cz »

red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

So, if I understand this right: if we have Mint 10 RC already installed, upgrading to the stable release is just a matter of allowing Level 1 and Level 2 updates?
BuzzKiller

Post by BuzzKiller »

Hey Clem and all, just installed Mint 10 the other day. Just stopped in to say fantastic job. Install went smooth and everything works, as I have come to expect with Linux Mint. Must say that the GUI is quite polished, dare I say sexy even. Well done and thanks again.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

red-e-made wrote:So, if I understand this right: if we have Mint 10 RC already installed, upgrading to the stable release is just a matter of allowing Level 1 and Level 2 updates?

Correct. :D
ACDSee

Post by ACDSee »

Thank you
scdaymon

Post by scdaymon »

I arrived at Mint 9 only 3 weeks ago, but I've already installed Mint 10!!!
I could not help it. It's a brand new world to explore. :mrgreen:
I'm still messing around with the stuff, but like always, every new Mint release is a one step closer to "The best Linux distro".
I tried a lot of distros before, and Mint is really the place for me.

Thank you guys, for all the hard work, and for all your "love to the shirt"!
I'm proud to have LINUX MINT installed on my machine!!! :wink:
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

scdaymon wrote:I arrived at Mint 9 only 3 weeks ago, but I've already installed Mint 10!!!
I could not help it. It's a brand new world to explore. :mrgreen:
I'm still messing around with the stuff, but like always, every new Mint release is a one step closer to "The best Linux distro".
I tried a lot of distros before, and Mint is really the place for me.

Thank you guys, for all the hard work, and for all your "love to the shirt"!
I'm proud to have LINUX MINT installed on my machine!!! :wink:

Mint is addictive basically. Lol!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bpgator

Post by bpgator »

This is the best vanilla Linux distro out today, hands down. I have been hooked on Mint every since mint 7 and got rid of my dual boot with windows back at mint 8. I have converted two of my friends in the office to using mint 10 this week alone. One of which told me today that he was very happy with Mint 10 and see's no need for windows any more on his lappy. This was coming from a guy who up until a month ago had never herd of Linux. :lol:

Today I donated to Mint for the first time and I will continue too with each new release. I recommend that each of you that read this consider doing so also if your experiences are as positive as mine have been.
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

z06gal wrote:
red-e-made wrote:So, if I understand this right: if we have Mint 10 RC already installed, upgrading to the stable release is just a matter of allowing Level 1 and Level 2 updates?

Correct. :D
In that case, I too case my vote with "awesome release". Nice work, all!
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

LM10 is so good that I switched on it - once again - from PClinuxOS !

The only drawback is that it won't boot after installing on my external USB HDD, when PCLinuxOS has no problem with it :-\
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

Question on why the choice to go to a gray/silver colored theme for Mint 10?
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

My only complaints so far would be about the theme being unsuitable for fullscreen applications with vertical scrollbars. You cannot click and drag a scroll bar from the edge of the screen. You must be at least one pixel in from the edge. In addition to that, you can't click the close button from the extreme corner, but most click one pixel down from the corner at the very least. the latter issue is inherited from Lucid and Maverick, but I know that a handful of themes do not exhibit this behaviour, and it is certainly not in Karmic or any current Xfce or KDE release.
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

Will Julia improve LMDE with updates of new features, etc.?
red-e-made
Level 5
Level 5

Post by red-e-made »

riki wrote:Will Julia improve LMDE with updates of new features, etc.?
JonM33 wrote:Question on why the choice to go to a gray/silver colored theme for Mint 10?
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1559
riki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by riki »

red-e-made wrote:
riki wrote:Will Julia improve LMDE with updates of new features, etc.?
JonM33 wrote:Question on why the choice to go to a gray/silver colored theme for Mint 10?
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1559
Thanks for the link red-e-made. For those who don't want to trawl through the blog here is the answer to my question:

About LMDE:

- Will LMDE get all the new Mint 10 features?

–> Absolutely. LMDE will 64-bit support, an improved installer, bug fixes and all Mint 10 features this December.

- Can I get the Mint 10 look in LMDE?

–> Yes. It’s there in the Romeo section of the LMDE repositories. You’ll need to install the “mint-x-icons” and “mint-x-theme” packages.
The Alpha Gamer

Post by The Alpha Gamer »

Are the updates to turn the RC into stable in the update center yet? I can't get the stable to burn to a disk so i'll have to use the RC

Return to “Releases & Announcements”