Linux Mint Debian (201012) released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
jasperlotus

Re: Linux Mint Debian (201012) released!

Post by jasperlotus »

The sound on my ASUS a42f with 201012 x64 is a big problem now. Waiting for this release for too long and... :((
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rdonnelly »

Great, I just made an Xmas contribution to Linux Mint, and now I see my problems with RAID have been solved. It is like a Christmas Miracle. Must have been my good will? :mrgreen:
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB
m4daredsun

Post by m4daredsun »

What a pity... I have been waiting for the x64 version since the beginning of the month.
And now that it is released I am travelling around and have no possibility to test it on my machine :(

Anyway, thanx Clem and team for the new release.
I´m sure I´ll love it
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
libssd
Level 4
Level 4

Post by libssd »

clem wrote:
Linux Mint Debian (201012) What a better time than Christmas to bring all the best from 2010 into an updated release of Linux Mint Debian. All Mint 10 features 64-bit support Performance boost (using cgroup, the notorious “4 lines of code better than 200″ in user-space) Installer improvements (multiple HDDs, grub install on partitions, swap allocation, btrfs support) Better fonts (Using [...]
Announcement: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1604
Just because I am sometimes obsessively cautious: I did a fresh install of LMDE on December 15. If I apply all the updates made available since then, it should be at the same state as with a fresh install from the December 24 release, yes? Since LMDE is my sandbox, I don't mind re-installing, but if I don't need to invest the time, I won't.
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

Well, I tried the original LMDE and had problems with sound and external monitor and too many thing s to list here.
Then I kept on reading of the things people have done with it, how sound problems were fixed, and one thing lead to another and I decided to install the LMDE 2010-12 x86_64. WOW, To solve some of my problems in the past I installed XFCE Desktop, change sound from Pulse to Alsa and fell in love with this version. You guys have out done yourself. This was the perfect Christmas Present for me and I personally want to say Thank You.
rtrev

Post by rtrev »

I don't yet know you Clem, but I feel like I do. :D

64-bit install went fine, and now I'm loving everything about this distro.

Nice timing, too! Merry Christmas to you!

Bob
J23

Post by J23 »

Hi Clem,

Sry, but there musst be some bugs in there .. because ..

The 32bit freezes on Installing by "localinzing Firefox & Thunderbird" :cry:
the 64bit freezes on Installing by "configuring bootloader" .. :cry:

Whats up with this new Release on 24.12.2010?
tartenpion

Post by tartenpion »

Hi,

Question about this new Linux Mint. I have choosen Linux Mint with Ubuntu because inside it was included some multimedia options ( not necessary to adding some repo for watching a DVD for example ). Now, with this new distro, it same of the Linux Mint with Ubuntu for multimedia or not ? ( Multimedia options is included inside ? )

Hope your understand my question :p ( french guy here ^^ )

Thanks for your reply,
rtrev

Post by rtrev »

Yep, Mint Debian comes with all the goodies you need, just like the other Mint versions.

Your English is fine.. you should see my French! :D

Bob
Edgpaez

Post by Edgpaez »

@libssd
Yes! since LMDE is a rolling distro, you can just update and it'll get all the new features and fixes, you'd only need to re install if you want to switch to a new architecture.

@J23
run "gksudo live-installer" (I might be wrong) to see in terminal what's the problem :) there are hundreds of successful installs so you should be going something wrong.
To be sure check what's the command run in the install icon.

@tartenpion
I don't fully understand, but just to clarify, LMDE is NOT compatible with Ubuntu as it is based on Debian, so it IS compatible with Debian and NOT Ubuntu.
With LinuxMint10 is the other way around it is compatible with Ubuntu but now with Debian. Hope that helps :)
tartenpion

Post by tartenpion »

Edgpaez

mmh, is not a problem of compatibility what I check.

So, let me to explain. I have test many distro for Linux, but in fact, i'm only an end user, i not install linux for make modification anytime. I doesn't like search new repo or make build for install just VLC for example.

I have use SuSE, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu and finally Mint. The better with Mint is that multimedia options already install. Is not necessary to check on the web for find for what I cannot read a DVD with my distro, not necessary to search on the web for install aMSN, for install VLC... Everything is inside, all programs I need for multimedia used ( MP3, AVI, WMV, etc ) are included, and install .deb program is easy for my end using ^^

So, my question for this Linux Mint Debian is ; that Multimedia options are included or not ?

rtrev

Post by rtrev »

tartenpion wrote:Edgpaez
So, my question for this Linux Mint Debian is ; that Multimedia options are included or not ?
Yes. They are included.
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

tartenpion wrote:Edgpaez

Yes.
tartenpion

Post by tartenpion »

Ok many thanks :)
crispata

Post by crispata »

Have been wanting something like this for quite awhile, and have been holding my breath since 32-bit was released. LMDE 64-bit is now on my primary machine, and likely to stay there a good long while.

Thanks very much to everyone involved in getting this out the door! It's lovely!
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

Here's a quick question. On a Mint 10 install using a separate sda3 /Home with encryption, can you simply install LMDE into /sda2 and wind up with a reliable access to /Home and all of the old user settings....... or......... is it better to start over ?
kaddy

Post by kaddy »

is Clem missing in action or something? lol.
This debian edition should be pulled off the server because of the Major KMS bug that is present that is affecting the
majority of users..... I would of thought it would be pulled down by now..... it's tarnishing Mint's good reputation..........
allypink

Post by allypink »

kaddy wrote:is Clem missing in action or something? lol.
This debian edition should be pulled off the server because of the Major KMS bug that is present that is affecting the
majority of users..... I would of thought it would be pulled down by now..... it's tarnishing Mint's good reputation..........
Sad to say but kaddy has a point. :o
nesredep

Post by nesredep »

Some kind of plan or statement would be nice. I wanted to convert my laptop from another distro, and now my only path seems to be to install the earlier release and spend many hours doing a complete distro upgrade.

If I spend the rest of the day running that process, only to have the server offer a fixed version ten minutes after I finish, I will not be a happy camper.

John
powerw00t

Post by powerw00t »

Could you list them down here of the bug?, maybe someone other than Clem have something to comments.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”