Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna - BETA 021 is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

I agree that the previous green was "fresher" (as in "Mint") than the current black !

Anyway, one of the first thing I customize when I install a distro is the background (thanks wallpaper-tray !), so the black artwork only displays for a few minutes ;-)
Helmut
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Helmut »

If I may comment on the background issue, well, I do suppose the majority of users know how to change theme and background to their personal taste. Here we are able to choose, and thats what counts! (I personally like "Human", because it doesn't strain your eyes, but thats just my personal opinion reflecting my taste)

Now back to the Topic of the thread:

I think Daryna is a good piece of work, well done! Thank you all!
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi everybody,

I've been very busy lately and some of you are probably frustrated not to get answers... in fact they probably won't but be sure I read every post on this kind of thread and do take your feedback very seriously.

So far you've been great at reporting bugs and issues and I really appreciate that. Some of the problems you reported were spot on and will be addressed, others are due to upstream problems and will be hopefully addressed upstream (by Ubuntu, by the Gnome devs... by the kernel team... depending on the nature of the problem).

Now, there is a particular bug I'd like to talk about: When you click on "quit" in mintmenu and nothing happens... or when you launch an xterm and it says it can't connect to a socket... This is a critical bug and I've got really bad news: there's nothing we at linux mint are going to do about it. It's upstream... caused by an Ubuntu patch which is there to make the default Gnome/Debian behaviour better... but for some reasons, if you logout before the background fading animation is finished you basically corrupt gnome-session and the only thing you can do to recover normal behaviour is to restart X. I wrote a bug about this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/158984

Keep up the good work and send more feedback. ;)

Clem
neo67
Level 2
Level 2

Post by neo67 »

Hi clem,

I dont know, what does this mean:
Make sure to let the backroung fading animation complete before actually logging out.
What is the background fading?

Greetz
neo67
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

When you click "quit" for the first time the background changes to black & white and there's a little fading animation for this to happen (it doesn't go from color to black and white all of a suddden, there's an animation for it). The trick is to let it complete... and not click the buttons before it's finished. There's a problem within the Ubuntu patch which is made to make that animation more fluid...

Clem
Gorai
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gorai »

Why are the xorg- drivers for different cards installed when you have only one video card. If you have a particular card should not that particular driver be installed instead of all the drivers for all the cards? :?
Suse 10.3 has done a lot of work with the main menu. Mint also has a different flavor of menu system, which is somewhat like windows.
Printer works in PCLinux 2007 but I can't understand why it doesn't work in Mint Celena. :(

Return to “Releases & Announcements”