I love Mint

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
molom

Re: I love Mint

Post by molom »

Valencia wrote:I've used Kubuntu, but I'm in love with Mint. Is very nice and works fine.
A lot of thanks

Sorry, I think that this is a wrong section to posting but I don't know change it
Es mejor poner tu opinion en Ubuntu forums para cambiar todo los usuarios de Ubuntu a usuarios de Linux Mint ;) (Es una broma) A mi me gusta Mint bastante tambien!!!

Cheers,
molom
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

I know I'm the new boy on the forum and I am in no way complaining but I would sure like a translation Molom! I suspect what you said was positive and I would like the privilege of sharing in your enthusiasm because I also love Mint!
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

rcdeacon wrote:I know I'm the new boy on the forum and I am in no way complaining but I would sure like a translation Molom! I suspect what you said was positive and I would like the privilege of sharing in your enthusiasm because I also love Mint!
You mean you don't get the sub-titles? :lol:
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

Apparently not! Sorry! I guess I get carried away bragging on this Mint stuff. I want it all to make sense.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
molom

Post by molom »

rcdeacon wrote:I know I'm the new boy on the forum and I am in no way complaining but I would sure like a translation Molom! I suspect what you said was positive and I would like the privilege of sharing in your enthusiasm because I also love Mint!
Sorry about that RCDeacon, its in Spanish. It was just a poor joke.

Es mejor poner tu opinion en Ubuntu forums para cambiar todo los usuarios de Ubuntu a usuarios de Linux Mint ;) (Es una broma) A mi me gusta Mint bastante tambien!!!

Translated
It would be better to post your opinion on ubuntu forums so you can convert Ubuntu users into Linux Mint users if you think Linux Mint is so great ;) (Its just a joke) I also like Mint a lot!!!
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Hello Valencia , I love Mint , yo tambien :lol:
******* Traductor Google *********
Un saludo:
Agust
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

I appreciate the help understand and I couldn't agree with you more!
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Use Open Subtitles for subtitles on the forum... They have some troubles procuring volunteers for the translation part though....
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
iceberg

Post by iceberg »

I am an IT consultant and have been looking for alternative OSs for my clients for a few years now. Alternative OS servers are no-brainers. The desktop is a different world. Most of my clients are either home users or small businesses. Most of the administration is performed by the user of a designated person in the office with limited IT skills. Until recently, Linux or UNIX(BSD) was out of the question for their desktop PCs. Times have changed and and are changing rapidly. We now have the likes of SLED, Linspire, etc. The problem I have here is the association with Microsoft.. :( Enter Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS, etc. Those distros are still a little intimidating for the ex. Window$ user. Enter Linux Mint! I have tested this with many Window$ users and they found it GREAT! Now I can finally recommend a Linux distro without hesitation. Congratulations Clem and Linux Mint team!!!

As for BSD, I can also recommend PC-BSD to my clients. Those guys are also doing a great job of making BSD usable for the novice and ex. Window$ users.

http://www.theitcrowd.com
Dupo

Post by Dupo »

Hi everybody,

I tried many distributions (Suse, Mandriva, ubuntu, fedora, PCLinuxOS, etc). I love PCLinuxOS but I'm fed up with kde. I tried PCLinuxOS gnome version but the interface is not good as Linux Mint. Moreover, all languages are not yet fully supported by PCLinuxOS. Then I searched on distrowatch, and I found Linux mint.

Now, Linux mint 4.0 is installed on one hard drive and I try to customize the desktop. I also love your distribution.

Good work. :wink:

P.S : If Linux mint must be based on another distribution, I think that Debian should be retained. :wink:

Return to “Releases & Announcements”