Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" RC released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
swftech

Re: Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" RC released!

Post by swftech »

I am running "Lisa" on an Acer Aspire Revo (Nettop) http://tiny.cc/1vn2l with 1 gb of Ram and a single core 1.6 ghz processor and it's faster than Win 7 and Ubuntu 11.10 (I triple boot), so if it's slow on a PC with a those specs something is wrong with the computer!!
Last edited by swftech on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
buntu

Post by buntu »

agree dude :!:
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

LM12 Final has been available for a little while now.
Please redirect all further comments to Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" Released
buntu

Post by buntu »

houndhen wrote: 3.3 Ghz Intel Core i5-2500 6mb Cache Quad-core
4 GB (2gbx2) pc3 10666 DDR3 1333 Memory
i5 and 4gb ram :?: some is VERY WRONG with that box! maybe u got ripped off... :P
glas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by glas »

The new interface is certainly a bit of a challenge ;).

I was disappointed to discover that this new release has now dropped the option to install in my language - an option I always took advantage of in Mint 9 & 10. Considering there are some obscure, practically dead languages included (like Gaelic) I hope this isn't some aniti-Welsh bias creeping into the design.
rfd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rfd »

after a few solid weeks of mint12 i'm packing it in and going back to mint11 on my three main machines. m12 is just too cumbersome to navigate, whilst m11 has everything i need within 1 click and m11 does it better and faster. i'll still keep a machine running m12, to keep on top of the changes ... i'm sure it'll get better over time, it absolutely has to in order to survive.
zanxion

Post by zanxion »

swftech wrote:I am running "Lisa" on an Acer Aspire Revo (Nettop) http://tiny.cc/1vn2l with 1 gb of Ram and a single core 1.6 ghz processor and it's faster than Win 7 and Ubuntu 11.10 (I triple boot), so if it's slow on a PC with a those specs something is wrong with the computer!!
Or there might me something wrong sort of software not getting along with hardware! Lisa is more a headache than a distro for the people.
gothicpreston

Post by gothicpreston »

It is with much regret that I have to advise that I've reverted back to LM11.
Whilst I firmly believe Gnome 3 will become a very VERY special desktop, it is at the moment under LM12 too unstable with some of the basic applications and hardware.
(In my case the webcam is not recognised and Banshee causes the desktop to freeze after 15-20 mins streaming from the internet on my Asus 1015PX N570 with 2Gb RAM).
I will come back for another look at the next release.
Keep up the good work guys, I know it must be hugely frustrating for the LM project team at this time.
rfd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rfd »

after using mint11 for the last 5 dayze i back tracked yet again - mint10 is more user friendly and tweakable than mint11. mint12 is a waste - at least for right now, too many issues of which some are bugs but mostly it's just not at all user friendly with too many clicks to get at what ya need. mint10 just does it all, for me.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”