Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 12 “Lisa”. Linux Mint 12 “Lisa” New features at a glance: Gnome 3 and MGSE MATE Artwork improvements Search engines For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 12“. Important info and release notes: [...]
Announcement: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1889
Mitja

Re: Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" released!

Post by Mitja »

Yees epic thanks for the news !
ilovelinux

Post by ilovelinux »

Huzzah!
davidvrbanec

Post by davidvrbanec »

Linux Mint 12 rocks, thanks Linux Mint Team. :)
azurehi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by azurehi »

I am keeping the RC updated. Any need to reinstall Lisa 12 final?
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

azurehi wrote:I am keeping the RC updated. Any need to reinstall Lisa 12 final?
No reason at all. :)
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
azurehi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by azurehi »

kmb42vt wrote:
azurehi wrote:I am keeping the RC updated. Any need to reinstall Lisa 12 final?
No reason at all. :)
Thank you. I am Very Pleased with Linux Mint 12 "Lisa". After trying Unity 11.04 and 11.10 and Gnome3 shell, I find Mint 12 to be a pleasure to use. Thanks to Clem and the Team!
xtremo

Post by xtremo »

Working great for me.....great job Clem and the team!
av8r0023

Post by av8r0023 »

Thanks for your hard work Clem.

Does anyone know why I can't get get 3D acceleration on my NVIDIA GeForce GT525M to work? I have tried repeatedly installing and rebooting with the two available drivers in the "Additional Drivers" application. It says the driver is activated and currently in use. But I'm still in 2D rollback mode. Any suggestions?

I'm running LM12 64-bit on a Samsung RC512 notebook.
sdim
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sdim »

Excellent work, Clem and team.
Many thanks.
MB:MSI 770 C-45 / HD1:500 GB-->Windows / HD2:320 GB-->Mint 20 Cinnamon
CPU:AMD X4 640 3.00 GHz / RAM:4.0 GB / VGA: NVidia GeForce GT630
BlueSky77

Post by BlueSky77 »

Loved tying out 12 RC. Downloading the official release now. Thanks very much for this!!!!

Signed,
a very happy former Ubuntu user
wolverine_tech

Post by wolverine_tech »

Upon right clicking on a CD ISO image, does anyone find an option to check the mD5sum? (I believe that option was there in LM9.)
I'm using the RC and has been regularly updated. I don't see that option.

Thanks.
attila964

Post by attila964 »

Upgrade possible from LM11?
wolverine_tech

Post by wolverine_tech »

attila964 wrote: Upgrade possible from LM11?
Wouldn't recommend upgrading from LM11, especially considering the radical changes from GNOME 2.x to 3.x. Instead, perhaps a fresh install (after thorough backups) would be the way to go.
There's a detailed post by Clem on the LM Community site regarding this. (The community site's down right know. Hopefully will be up soon.)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

wolverine_tech wrote:Upon right clicking on a CD ISO image, does anyone find an option to check the mD5sum? (I believe that option was there in LM9.)
I'm using the RC and has been regularly updated. I don't see that option.

Thanks.
I know that I read that Md5 was missing from (Gnome 3) Nautilus at the present but was due to arrive in the near future but I can't find the reference for some reason (old and stupid? :P ). But I believe this is the responsibility of the the Gnome developers to make this happen and not Mint. Either way the function was supposed to be hot on the heels as "Open as administrator" in Nautilus and we have that already so it can't be too much longer.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
wolverine_tech

Post by wolverine_tech »

I remember reading about it too... unless I'm mistaken - in one of Clem's blog posts.
Strange, I can't even see the Open as Admin option upon right clicking. And my RC install is updated daily.
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

wolverine_tech wrote:I remember reading about it too... unless I'm mistaken - in one of Clem's blog posts.
Strange, I can't even see the Open as Admin option upon right clicking. And my RC install is updated daily.
Hmmm, I'm running a fully updated "first final" (released 21 Oct 2011) and when right-clicking a folder in Nautilus it's the second entry from the bottom right above "Properties" in the menu. You might want to post on the "Linux Mint RC" forum thread (Under Announcements) and see if anyone else who is running an updated RC is experiencing the same thing.
BVanheede

Post by BVanheede »

Just installed release 12.
Feels 'slow'. Doesn't work as fast as release 11.
Just a feeling, no idea why :)
rfd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rfd »

just loaded m12 into a new hp pavillion using an AAHD2-HY mb and a AMD Radeon HD 6530D vid card. serious display problems - was there an ati video issue mentioned? if so, workaround?
ilovelinux

Post by ilovelinux »

rfd wrote:just loaded m12 into a new hp pavillion using an AAHD2-HY mb and a AMD Radeon HD 6530D vid card. serious display problems - was there an ati video issue mentioned? if so, workaround?
Are you using the open source radeon drivers, or the proprietary fglrx Catalyst ones?

Return to “Releases & Announcements”