mintMenu 1.9 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

mintMenu 1.9 released!

Post by clem »

Changes:

- Many of you liked the filtering option so it was put back in mintMenu. As you're typing, the list of applications gets filtered.

- The applications in the application plugin used to be shown in English. They are now localized and show in the user's language.

How to install:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
then remove the mintMenu applet and add it to the panel again.

Clem
npap
Level 6
Level 6

mintMenu 1.9 released!

Post by npap »

Works fine, Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Not every keyboard has a "windows key" and when you press Enter it launches a search. Make sure you have beagle installed..
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

lcohen999 wrote:I have two suggestions for mintMenu (first time poster, long time lurker :) )

and amazing job btw.

#1. can we map just the windows key to mintMenu
#2. it would be great if when I type something in the search box, and hit enter it would choose what I select. The Enter key does not seem to be working for me.

Thanks!!!!!
I have wondered about these for a while as well, might it be possible to have these as options (even if the user has to set them up themselves) but not enabled as default?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Right click, Preferences. Then go to plugins->Applications and change the value of "search_command" to SEARCH_STRING.

Then right click and choose "Reload Plugins".

That's it ! :)

Clem
PS: I'll look into the keyboard shortcut thing.
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

HI, I think I found two more bugs:

- when I start My system, the network manager connects to the wireless network, the notification appears on the upper left side of the screen.no all the time.

- I do not way but I have Install scribus two times 1.2 and 1.3 so i decided to get rid of the old version, so I whent to synaptic PM. and removed, so I went back to the menu and the icon is there nothing happens wen I click on it.
I have not rebut my machine yet maybe it will disappear after i do that.
btw the printer is not working with scribus( epson C62) and just in case the printer works fantastic with other applications, so I have to export my work from scribus to PDF, I do not have experience with Scribus first time user, I was looking for an alternative to The Print Shop.

ok I just reboot my system and the old scribus icon is gone and the notification for the networkmanager appeared were it was suppose to ,

jeje i feel like an idiot :oops:

ok not so idiot now the network manager notification appear on the upper left corner when I start (turned off and then turned back on) my system, but it appears in the correct position wen i restart it. any clue?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi it's a known bug :

http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... a_BETA_014
(bug number 8 ).

Clem
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

I have the same problems, also it does not always appear on top of the focused window.
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
maximus659
Level 1
Level 1

Post by maximus659 »

Just a small suggestion on the mintmenu. Could be possible to add the run application to the menu? maybe replacing the Desktop icon on the menu

Thanks
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

You can change the action of the search to make it a run function... I'm afraid it would be too cluttered if there was both a search and a run textfield.
maximus659
Level 1
Level 1

Post by maximus659 »

clem wrote:You can change the action of the search to make it a run function... I'm afraid it would be too cluttered if there was both a search and a run textfield.

Clem,

I think you have a point. The menu will look a little cluttered.

Thank you for your hard work
AlCantara
Level 1
Level 1

mintMenu too small

Post by AlCantara »

the mintMenu is often too small for the application-list so the user has to scroll. a very peeving work.
but there is lots of screenspace around. why isn´t the menu resizeable? if it uses the whole screenarea much more menu items could be found instantly.

by the way: in the old menu style you could browse all submenus by moving the mouse slowly down (up). the submenus popup and show everything.

now you always have to click, move pointer to scrollbar, scroll, move pointer back, position it over the next item, and click.
I really can´t see the advantage. can anybody tell me?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

You can change the size of the plugins by browsing their "preferences" (right click the Bianca button).

As for mouseOver actions, it's a nice idea. I'll look into it.

Clem
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

clem wrote:You can change the action of the search to make it a run function... I'm afraid it would be too cluttered if there was both a search and a run textfield.
A run textfield would probably be more useful and in fact that is what I thought it was in the first place - lol.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”