Desktop Background displays incorrectly [picture attached]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dacjames

Desktop Background displays incorrectly [picture attached]

Post by dacjames »

I am running Linux Mint 13 x64 Cinnamon edition with Gnome 3.4 and am having an issue with the display of my desktop background.

Regardless of the image resolution selected, the background image is shifted and wraps around the screen, as shown below.

The problem persists through restarts and on several monitors, including the built in display on my laptop. Any idea how to fix it?

Edit: I have tried setting to scaled/centered/tiled/etc. All yield variations of the same problem.

Edit: Fixed. Booted into cinnamon then back into Gnome 3 and it went away.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: Desktop Background displays incorrectly [picture attache

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Change it so in background settings its not tiled--make it centered, or stretched.
dacjames

Post by dacjames »

I should have mentioned that I tried all that. Scaled, centered, tiled, etc all yield variations of the same, wrapping instead of filling the whole screen.
jralabate

Post by jralabate »

dacjames wrote:I should have mentioned that I tried all that. Scaled, centered, tiled, etc all yield variations of the same, wrapping instead of filling the whole screen.
is this on a laptop with a other display connected? If so u need to disable the laptop display.
Yofiffy

Post by Yofiffy »

I was having the same problem and disabling, and renabling, my laptop screen solved the issue.

Return to “Software & Applications”