How To Uninstall This Package?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blakebarkertech2

How To Uninstall This Package?

Post by blakebarkertech2 »

How to uninstall sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How To Uninstall This Package?

Post by remoulder »

man apt-get
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
DrHu

Re: How To Uninstall This Package?

Post by DrHu »

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto
http://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get
  • Synopsis
    apt-get [options] [-o config=string] [-c=cfgfile] command [pkg]
    remove pkg(s)
    Identical to install except that packages are removed instead of installed. If a plus sign (+) is appended to the package name (with no intervening space), the identified package will be installed instead of removed.
--apt man page on the Internet, it is just as easy to find on your local system (in a terminal), which if you are using apt directly, you will have already been using..

Sometimes people have difficulty getting all the options in the right order and with the right selections based on the complete man page help (software info)
--so a synopsis guide can help, however an Internet search or a forum search on this site would have easily found an appropriate resource: the utility/software man page is always an option for a more complete review, you just have to carefully read and pick it apart to find the correct command line to use
  • The basic commands such as -i (install) are simple..
I guess the point is you can help yourself fairly easily;for easier questions
--but of course having questions does keep the forums interesting, and I personally don't mind all that much that easy questions are tossed into the mix: that's what we are here for

Return to “Software & Applications”