Cinnamon + Gnome 3(stock) adding cinnamon panel to gnome 3

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rukiri

Cinnamon + Gnome 3(stock) adding cinnamon panel to gnome 3

Post by Rukiri »

I have gnome 3 installed as I for some unholy reason got use to it, mainly because I use alt+tab for everything.. I do miss a bottom panel and the gnome
extension right now is just terrible. There was the MSGE but it's no longer supported in 3.4 and eventually 3.5(3.6).

I can load the XFCE panel just fine, my issue is how would I load the cinnamon panel in a default gnome 3 installation?
As for theming I would basically want to keep it the same, even doing it myself basically just mimicing the top panel's style.
I have a similar setup to this.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... l#/d4fgxhs

The bottom panel would be slighly darker as the top you want light, but the bottom dark yet still transparent.

Dumb/silly question, just thought I'd ask.
I tried typing cinnamon-panel well obviously that didn't work :P
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Cinnamon + Gnome 3(stock) adding cinnamon panel to gnome

Post by xenopeek »

Gnome Shell uses Mutter window manager, while Cinnamon uses Muffin window manager. Not sure if these two can work together.
Rukiri

Re: Cinnamon + Gnome 3(stock) adding cinnamon panel to gnome

Post by Rukiri »

MGSE(Mint Gnome Shell Extensions) allowed this, but is not longer supported in 3.4, it used the mint panel for a bottom panel.

Return to “Software & Applications”