What's the latest version and will my unit fit?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pion33r

What's the latest version and will my unit fit?

Post by pion33r »

I just wanna know what is the latest version of LXDE and when will a much newer version be release. Also I would like to ask if my e machines em 350 netbook would be fine. If I will not have hardware issues.

CPU
Intel Atom N450 1.66Ghz
MEMORY
1024 MB
HARD DRIVE
160 GB
NETWORK
10/100 Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless
DISPLAY
10.1" WSVGA High Brightness LED-backlit
DISPLAY ADAPTER
Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 with 64MB of dedicated video memory
SOUND
High-definition audio Built-in stereo speaker Built-in digital microphone
KEYBOARD
Standard
POINTING DEVICE
Multigesture touchpad (circular-motion scrolling, pinch-action zoom, page flip)
INTERFACES
2 - USB 2.0 1 - Headphone/speaker/line-out jack 1 - Microphone-in jack 1 - Ethernet (RJ-45) 1 - DC-in jack for AC adapter 1 - Kensington lock slot
EXPANSION SLOTS
2-in-1 digital media card reader Secure Digital™ (SD), MultiMediaCard™ (MMC)
A/C ADAPTER
Auto Sensing 110-240 Volts
BATTERY
3-Cell Lithium Ion
OTHER FEATURES
Webcam
SOFTWARE
Win XP Home
WARRANTY
6 Months Warranty
CONDITION
Factory Refurbished
WEIGHT
2.43 lbs.
DIMENSIONS
10.17" x 7.28" x 0.99"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: What's the latest version and will my unit fit?

Post by jjaythomas »

I just wanna know what is the latest version of LXDE and when will a much newer version be release. Also I would like to ask if my e machines em 350 netbook would be fine. If I will not have hardware issues.
Mint 12 is latest and only 32bit(works on 64bit). Mint decided to drop further development of LXDE-spins. (they also said that about Xfce-spin and only in LMDE version)
They changed their/his mind (about Xfce-spin) came back after a absence! :)

LXDE should work on your rig only hardware I see that may be trouble are 'wireless (which chip?) and touchpad features (basic use should work). The webcam will probably work 'out of box' but may need driver.

J.Jay
pion33r

Post by pion33r »

jjaythomas wrote:
Mint 12 is latest and only 32bit(works on 64bit). Mint decided to drop further development of LXDE-spins. (they also said that about Xfce-spin and only in LMDE version)
They changed their/his mind (about Xfce-spin) came back after a absence! :)

LXDE should work on your rig only hardware I see that may be trouble are 'wireless (which chip?) and touchpad features (basic use should work). The webcam will probably work 'out of box' but may need driver.

J.Jay
Thank you so much for the response and thanks for the info guess I should wait for xfce 14.
anyways regarding my chipset for wireless lan i think its FOXCONN TW Wireless LAN 3rd WiFi 1x1 BGN Atheros HB95 and FOXCONN TW Wireless LAN 3rd WiFi 1x1 BGN Broadcom 4313 and for camera LITE-ON Camera 0.3M Ali 5608C
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Mint 12 LXDE is supported until April 2012 and it's possible to upgrade to the Mint 13 base (but it's not Mint 13 LXDE).
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Thank you so much for the response and thanks for the info guess I should wait for xfce 14.
anyways regarding my chipset for wireless lan i think its FOXCONN TW Wireless LAN 3rd WiFi 1x1 BGN Atheros HB95 and FOXCONN TW Wireless LAN 3rd WiFi 1x1 BGN Broadcom 4313 and for camera LITE-ON Camera 0.3M Ali 5608C
Their is a Maya(Mint13) ISO of both Xfce both 32 and 64 bit. For hardware try from Live CD/DVD/USB. (I believe all that Hardware works :?: ) *ALL MINT ISO's*

If 'GAME' try LMDE :idea: If use the 'Swift Linux' distro (even lighter) as base can upgrade to current UPack5 and change in LXDE if want.
**I both did fresh 'Swift linux install and changed in/installed both Xfce and LXDE (I'm a Xfce guy tho) :D :wink:

It's unofficial but I find it almost (95%) indistinguishable from a actual Mint! :mrgreen: (other that installed Apps mostly and Resources (CPU and Mem use)

J.Jay

Return to “Software & Applications”