[Solved] No clock in gnome classic

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pooopies

[Solved] No clock in gnome classic

Post by pooopies »

Hi guys, I'm running gnome (classic) on mint 14 with compiz. I have no clock at all in the top panel, or anywhere on the screen for that matter. I am not sure how to proceed to figure this out. I went to settings and tried to change random clock settings as well as looking through compiz for any possible configurations. I also went into gnome-tweak and changing settings there did not seem to help. Thank you for any advice and let me know about any other information you need.

Solution: <ctrl>+<super>+<right click> in the panel, then add clock

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
abnvolk

Re: No clock in gnome classic

Post by abnvolk »

Wow, I didn't know that Compiz could be used with Gnome Classic :)
If you can't find your clock, maybe it's accidentally removed from the panel. You can hold the Alt key (or Ctrl?) and right-click the panel, choose Add to Panel, selec the Clock applet then choose Add :D
pooopies

Post by pooopies »

Thanks for the assistance abnvolk,

Yup, and after quite a bit of tweaking and fooling around with I finally have it how I like it, but this clock thing is bugging me.

I tried your suggestion with each button (and several other buttons and combinations), alas, no menu appears.
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Perhaps it's Win+Alt+Rightclick :?
pooopies

Post by pooopies »

Yup! That was it, I'm quite surprised I didn't try that. Thanks very much,

Cheers

Return to “Software & Applications”