file manager text size

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
argon99

file manager text size

Post by argon99 »

I would like to make the text under the icons and files in file manager bigger. I can make the icons bigger but that is not what I want. I am using mint for a home theater and I need to be able to read the file names from across the room. I also have a Panasonic Viera TV for the monitor. Everything works fine except I can't read the file names. So I use VNC and the login with my laptop but this is far from a satisfactory solution. So does anybody know were I can increase the font size?? TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: file manager text size

Post by xenopeek »

Please share which file manager you are using. If you don't know, it's usually also shown in the Help > About menu.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

If you are using Mint LXDE, then your file manager is likely pcmanfm, whose configuration, including font size, can be edited in ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf .
http://lxlinux.com/
argon99

Post by argon99 »

xenopeek wrote:Please share which file manager you are using. If you don't know, it's usually also shown in the Help > About menu.

Thank you for your help. I am using Thunar 1.4.0 for the file manager. I read through the DOCS on XFCE about Thunar and found nothing about fonts at all. I am installing some other file managers to see what I can get to work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Return to “Software & Applications”