Disable antialias on Gnome 3 Clutter

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nestorturailla

Disable antialias on Gnome 3 Clutter

Post by nestorturailla »

Hi everyone,
In Gnome Shell, when I move the cursor to the upper left corner, where the activities view is triggered, the windows animate very slowly. I guess this is because Clutter has antialias activated.
If I configure Compiz in an LXDE desktop to simulate the same effect, window animations are much smoother, and I suppose it is because I have disabled antialias.
I've been searching, but could not find any way to tell Clutter to disable antialias when showing reduced versions of the windows (or all the time, that would be the same). I have searched for "alias" in the gconf-editor, and the only reference to antialias is for text rendering.
I am afraid there is no possibility whatsoever to change this. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nestorturailla

Re: Disable antialias on Gnome 3 Clutter

Post by nestorturailla »

I haven't been able to find any way to tell Clutter (which I'd define as Gnome Shell's GUI renderer, or the backend Mutter (Gnome Shell's window manager) uses to render windows) not to use antialias. Neither could I see any way to tell Mutter to initialize Clutter without antialias activated, if that makes any sense. I serached in https://live.gnome.org/Clutter, for example, or inside Gnome developers website to no avail.
Therefore I switched back to XFCE + Compiz, which, with some tweaking, can more or less resemble the way Gnome 3 manages workflow. With the added extra that it consumes far less ressources and, since I can disable antialias, windows move much smoothlier.

Return to “Software & Applications”