What is happening with LXDE ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nearnexus

What is happening with LXDE ?

Post by nearnexus »

Is LXDE still being updated and developed ? Will there be another version ?

I see very little reference to it on the Mint web site.

Please advise as to it's future.

Rob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JWJones

Re: What is happening with LXDE ?

Post by JWJones »

Linux Mint 12 was the last LXDE release. See this:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... +mint+lxde
nearnexus

Post by nearnexus »

Thanks for that information and link.

I'm disappointed it's come to this.

My favourite distro by far.

Rob
JWJones

Post by JWJones »

seppalta

Post by seppalta »

See http://lxlinux.com for recipes for 4 after-market LXDE installs.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

Linux Mint 12 LXDE Revisited: Create Linux Mint 14 Nadia LXDE from Lisa LXDE

I really love the Linux Mint 12 LXDE edition. But, because of some reasons, LXDE ran out of favor and the Mint developers preferred KDE, Cinnamon, Mate and XFCE for the future releases. So, versions 13 (Maya) and 14 (Nadia) never saw an LXDE release. That is where I decided to do an experiment - install the Linux Mint 12 LXDE version and upgrade it to Mint 14. I could have also installed an LXDE desktop to a Nadia installation. But, I choose the difficult path just to experiment if, by replacing the old ppa's with the updated ones in Package Source list, one can actually upgrade a system with no harms done. More.

This is interesting.
3fRI

Post by 3fRI »

twodogs wrote:Linux Mint 12 LXDE Revisited: Create Linux Mint 14 Nadia LXDE from Lisa LXDE

I really love the Linux Mint 12 LXDE edition. But, because of some reasons, LXDE ran out of favor and the Mint developers preferred KDE, Cinnamon, Mate and XFCE for the future releases. So, versions 13 (Maya) and 14 (Nadia) never saw an LXDE release. That is where I decided to do an experiment - install the Linux Mint 12 LXDE version and upgrade it to Mint 14. I could have also installed an LXDE desktop to a Nadia installation. But, I choose the difficult path just to experiment if, by replacing the old ppa's with the updated ones in Package Source list, one can actually upgrade a system with no harms done. More.

This is interesting.
Hmmmm...but is it still LXDE? And do you still have the Openbox option with it? :?:
JWJones

Post by JWJones »

3fRI wrote:Hmmmm...but is it still LXDE? And do you still have the Openbox option with it? :?:
Yes, of course, just updated. Only 32-bit still however, using this method. And yes, as Openbox is standard with LXDE.

Return to “Software & Applications”