Tablet Tips Tricks and Info.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rogue_ronin

Tablet Tips Tricks and Info.

Post by rogue_ronin »

Is anyone else using LM Fluxbox CE with a tablet? I'm running on an HP TC110, and it is an excellent fit.

I've spent quite a bit of time on some things, like getting CellWriter to show at login using XDM (I should switch to WDM, but I really wish I could get a keyboard with SLiM...) I'd be glad to coach or help you do the same.

I'll also gladly trade ideas and info with anyone here. For instance, I just found a project called GetWacom which looks to be the solution to my driver upgrading issues; I couldn't properly compile and install it myself. I'll be trying it later today.

m a r
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rogue_ronin

Re: Tablet Tips Tricks and Info.

Post by rogue_ronin »

GetWacom seemed to work just fine. Read the help text to get the proper setup (you should enable it to download any necessary dependencies, in particular.)

However, it didn't solve the rotate/suspend issue where the digitizer loses accuracy and requires recalibration. I think that fix is in the experimental release, which GetWacom doesn't support.

I only did the "install modules" -- I'll try "install all" next.

m a r
rogue_ronin

Re: Tablet Tips Tricks and Info.

Post by rogue_ronin »

"install all" -- not good.

I went back to the Ubuntu default. I may have to try it with a new .fdi file for the stylus -- maybe it was overwritten. Think I'll wait for the next stable version, which will hopefully have the fix I need for rotation/suspend.

m a r

ps: does anyone know how suspend/resume works? I'm getting a hang.

Return to “Software & Applications”