Streamline fluxbox boot time

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ArconsII

Streamline fluxbox boot time

Post by ArconsII »

I've uninstalled cupsd and modemmanager, and I'm looking for more processes I can remove to cut down the boot time. Does anyone know of any *less useful* processes?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jeffreyC

Re: Streamline fluxbox boot time

Post by jeffreyC »

What do you need to do ? (what do you use it for ?) Useless is more of an opinion than an absolute. Also what hardware are you using ?
anderigs
Level 2
Level 2

Post by anderigs »

yeah i think also the "what do u do" is the only way to answer this. for example I deinstalled everything beginning with the word "blue" - not because I do not like Chelsea FC but because I have no bluetooth HW ;-)

but for example I cannot deinstall cups as I need to print and hplip needs cups.

thanks for the tip about the modemanager - just deinstalled.
Cheers,
andE
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

Another thing you can do is install BootUp Manager and disable startup of packages which you do not use but are dependencies of things you do use.
string-serenade

Post by string-serenade »

or you can click on system → preference → startup applications, where you can disable the applications you don't need.

Return to “Software & Applications”