Installation MInt 12 LXDE failed

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
willem3

Installation MInt 12 LXDE failed

Post by willem3 »

I tried to install Mint 12 LXDE on a Fujitsu Lifebook. It failed because during the installation the mouse clicks suddenly stopped working when I had to select a partition. I could still move the cursor but could not select anything. I downloaded the ISO file again but got exactly the same problem with it. Instalation of Linux Mint GNOME worked fine. Does anyone have suggestions for fixing this LXDE problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
3fRI

Re: Installation MInt 12 LXDE failed

Post by 3fRI »

Hi Willem, during the installation process you select your language, keyboard, etc. Try testing with the live CD before installing and see if there's a difference in how you mouse works...or doesn't? :)
willem3

Post by willem3 »

3fRI wrote:Hi Willem, during the installation process you select your language, keyboard, etc. Try testing with the live CD before installing and see if there's a difference in how you mouse works...or doesn't? :)
Thanks for your comment. The live CD works just fine and there is no problem at all with the mouse or the mouse clicks, only when I try to install the OS. I can, of course, get LXDE from the GNOME version by installing LXDE on the same partition from synaptic. That worked, but I am not sure if I then get the same version of LXDE.
3fRI

Post by 3fRI »

I can choose between LXDE and Mint-LXDE, or go with the default Open Box. I like each for what it is. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”