Is it possible to drag icons on Task Bar?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ksjs

Is it possible to drag icons on Task Bar?

Post by ksjs »

I posted recently about this as part of another post but never got a reply. Basically it seems that there is no way to drag icons once they are added to the Task Bar. I can re-order them using the Application Launch Bar but I can't click and drag if I want to say move a Firefox icon from beside the system tray on the right hand side of the bar to the left end of the bar.

Or am I just not doing something right? Cheers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Is it possible to drag icons on Task Bar?

Post by caribriz »

No, I don't think you can click and drag icons on the task bar in LXDE.

You can move an icon from the right side to the left side of the task bar by:
Right-clicking the bar
click "Add/remove panel items" > Panel Applets
click Application Launch Bar and click Up until it's where you want it.

caribriz
Last edited by caribriz on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ksjs

Post by ksjs »

caribriz wrote:You can move an icon from the right side to the left side of the task bar by...
Not really, all you're doing is re-ordering, you're not actually moving anything. At the moment I have a cluster of icons beside the system tray in the right corner of the task bar. I can't use the application launch applet to get these icons to appear beside mintmenu which is located at left end of task bar. I still have no idea how I got mintmenu to appear on the left of the task bar.
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

ksjs wrote:... if I want to say move a Firefox icon from beside the system tray on the right hand side of the bar to the left end of the bar.
The Firefox icon (among others) is now next to the mintmenu on my panel by using the above method.

See the picture in my post in this thread and how I did it:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=99422

You right-click the panel.
click Add/remove panel items
Panel Preferences > Panel Applets

You click on the Application Launch Bar item in the list - which "contains" your Firefox icon.
Click the Up button - and keep clicking the Up button until you see the Firefox icon moving to the left of the panel where you want it - near mintmenu.
You can move other items in the panel eg. the Digital Clock or Volume Control in the same way - click up or down buttons to rearrange as desired.

caribriz
ksjs

Post by ksjs »

Just had an 'ahhh' moment when I learned I can move system tray etc within the panel applets window i.e. use up / down icons on panel applets menu to alter position of system tray / mintmenu / application icons etc then click on edit when application launch bar is highlighted and you can swap position of application icons wherever they are on the bar.

Thanks for your help and patience, much appreciated!
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

No worries .... glad you got it sorted :)

caribriz

Return to “Software & Applications”