Infiniband 10GBE and NetEffect 10GBE

Questions about cabled networking
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Infiniband 10GBE and NetEffect 10GBE

Postby gaohinc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Novice here and new to the Mint product....Here's what I'm trying to do with some salvaged equipment. I have a machine (M1) running with a 2 port InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25418 [ConnectX VPI PCIe 2.0 2.5GT/s - IB DDR / 10GigE] (rev a0) card. Another machine (M2) that has a single port Ethernet controller: NetEffect NE020 10Gb Accelerated Ethernet Adapter (iWARP RNIC) (rev 05). Both of these using the Mint-Debian OS distribution.

M1 - I've been able to implement the instructions shown here http://pkg-ofed.alioth.debian.org/howto ... wto-4.html and have 2 ports with IP's assigned to them (192.168.150.2 and .3).

M2 - This machine auto detects the NetEffect card and am able to assign the IP (192.168.150.1) for the respective ethX device.

When I connect the cable between M1 and M2 and check the link status the link never comes up? If i just loop the cable on the M1 machine between port 1 and port 2 the Link Status is "UP" so i know the card is working and the link is detected.

Again, i'm a novice here so i suspect I'm dealing with Infiniband versus iWARP?

Any help in getting these connected and talking to each other would be appreciated!
gaohinc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Ethernet