Infiniband 10GBE and NetEffect 10GBE

Questions about cabled networking
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Infiniband 10GBE and NetEffect 10GBE

Postby gaohinc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Novice here and new to the Mint product....Here's what I'm trying to do with some salvaged equipment. I have a machine (M1) running with a 2 port InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25418 [ConnectX VPI PCIe 2.0 2.5GT/s - IB DDR / 10GigE] (rev a0) card. Another machine (M2) that has a single port Ethernet controller: NetEffect NE020 10Gb Accelerated Ethernet Adapter (iWARP RNIC) (rev 05). Both of these using the Mint-Debian OS distribution.

M1 - I've been able to implement the instructions shown here http://pkg-ofed.alioth.debian.org/howto ... wto-4.html and have 2 ports with IP's assigned to them (192.168.150.2 and .3).

M2 - This machine auto detects the NetEffect card and am able to assign the IP (192.168.150.1) for the respective ethX device.

When I connect the cable between M1 and M2 and check the link status the link never comes up? If i just loop the cable on the M1 machine between port 1 and port 2 the Link Status is "UP" so i know the card is working and the link is detected.

Again, i'm a novice here so i suspect I'm dealing with Infiniband versus iWARP?

Any help in getting these connected and talking to each other would be appreciated!
gaohinc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Ethernet