Ethernet nor Wireless is working, dhcp fine

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neo4star

Ethernet nor Wireless is working, dhcp fine

Post by neo4star »

hi,

i´m new to linux mint, and yesterday it was my first approach to this distribution and honestly I like it very much.
But unfortunately I have some strange network related problems.

Wifi and ethernet are installed fine I could connect via Wireless to my local AP and the authentication WPA2 works fine as well
I´ll get a DHCP Ip address in the right range, wich includes the dns and default GW, this is also the case for the wired connection.

When I try to ping (ip or name) i will not get a reply from the router or any other local network device (except local host) where I point at, which also will include any internet domain.
I have checked all the settings again and again, rebooted and I did the same stuff with manual ip addressing with no success as well.

there is no firewall anywhere, everything works fine with ubuntu or W7 or whatever.

I´m using linux mate 14.1

Any help would really appreciated

Thank you
Frank
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
athysrock

Re: Ethernet nor Wireless is working, dhcp fine

Post by athysrock »

Paste your /etc/network/interfaces for me if you dont mind.
neo4star

Re: Ethernet nor Wireless is working, dhcp fine

Post by neo4star »

hi athysrock,

thanks for your quick reply. I switched back to Ubuntu. I have spent hours after hours and I wasn´t able to fix it. Now it works as it should

but thanks for your help

cheers
frank

Return to “Networking”