no dhcp option on network manager

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chorizochub

no dhcp option on network manager

Post by chorizochub »

I recently had a strange crash when I hotplugged an ethernet cable (which I had done many times before). My whole system shut off and wouldn't turn back on until I had disasembled and reassembled the entire thing. Then I was having some strange graphics gliches and getting a kernel panic, which turned out to be a memory stick which had gone bad; after I removed it, my computer booted just fine and everything except the network is good as new.
For some reason, my computer will not recognize my ethernet connection. It does not show up anywhere in the network manager and I don't know what else to try- I am going to try another cable when I can find one, but I am resisting buying another one, as it doesn't seem likely that that is the problem.
Is this likely a hardware issue (i have a biostar geforce 6100 m9 mobo), or does anyone have any suggestions before I run around replacing parts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: no dhcp option on network manager

Post by Husse »

Well, if a memory stick blew when you plugged in an ethernet cable the chances are that the ethernet controller also blew....
chorizochub

Re: no dhcp option on network manager

Post by chorizochub »

yeah, i was sort of running on some vague hope that someone had an obscure quickfix for exactly this problem, to avoid dealing with the fact that i pretty much have to go buy ****.
dolla dolla bill, yall.

Return to “Networking”