I cannot setup my PPPoE connection.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
safiqul.amin

I cannot setup my PPPoE connection.

Post by safiqul.amin »

Hi, I am Safiq. I am a newbie. Now, I am using Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon (32-bit). On windows, I used PPPoE dial-up internet connection to get access to internet. I needed to put username and password for this. But on Linux Mint, I don't know how I can set up a PPPoE internet connection. Please, help me. :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kaos

Re: I cannot setup my PPPoE connection.

Post by kaos »

Hi Safiq. :)

I just had the same problem and found an easy solution: open the terminal and type

Code: Select all

pppoeconf

pppoeconf is a simple client for, who would have guessed that, configuring a PPPoE-connection. It guides you through the settings.
After you established the connection, you can try out if it works, e.g. with

Code: Select all

ping linuxmint.com
in the terminal.
(end this mode with Ctrl+c)

Don't get confused by the network-symbol on your desktop, it will still say there is no connection. Just ignore it.
safiqul.amin

Re: I cannot setup my PPPoE connection.

Post by safiqul.amin »

I have tried this method. I mean, I went to "terminal" and used "sudo ppoeconf". Then I followed the steps and tried to make an internet connection. Then I tried to see "plog". It said that connection was established. But when I tried to go http://www.google.com, I failed. :cry:

Return to “Networking”