Ehternet keeps disconecting every 10-15 minutes

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
checor

Ehternet keeps disconecting every 10-15 minutes

Post by checor »

Hello everybody, this is my first post in this community, nice to meet you.

I have a problem with Linux Mint 15, like the title says, every 10-15 minutes (or sometimes less) the Ethernet connection keeps disconecting, without any notification. This keeps happening only with ethernet and with this laptop and distro. In this computer, with Win 7/XP the ethernet works without any flaw. I've tested this connection also with another PC with Debian and Win 8 and it can mantain a stable connection through Ehternet. Even with the LiveCD, I get problems.
I don't know so much about Linux, but I think that maybe this distro have a log where I can see what its the root of the problem. I don't know if this is a IP problem or anything like that. Added to that, if I reconect the ethernet cable quickly, without getting the warning message of conection lost (is displayed 4-5 seconds after I unplug the cable) I can continue surfing the web. But this is a little annoying, and also, will be my brother's first adventure with GNU/Linux, so I want to give him a nice out-of-the-box experience.

Software/Hardware info:

Laptop model: Lenovo G475
APU: AMD E-350
RAM: 2GB
HDD: 320 Gb
Network Interface: Built in Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready, WPAN:Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (can't find a specified model on this)
Wireless LAN: WLAN:802.11b/g/n Wifi Certified Network connection
Router model: Surfboard SB3100 cable modem

No config touched in Network Settings. Freshly installed.

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!
(And please, forgive grammar errors, english isn't my first language).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Ehternet keeps disconecting every 10-15 minutes

Post by xenopeek »

Please open the terminal application and run the following command to gather details about your network interfaces. Share the output here. See the terminal's Edit menu for how to copy text to/from the terminal.

Code: Select all

inxi -SNxz

Return to “Networking”