Questions On Network Setup

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
junkman8650

Questions On Network Setup

Post by junkman8650 »

Greetings I was hoping someone could help me get my home network setup.

Please have a look at the digram I made. Is this the correct way to setup the network? The router is just a normal home grade netgear with 4 ports on the back!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lingula

Post by Lingula »

junkman8650 wrote:Greetings I was hoping someone could help me get my home network setup.

Please have a look at the digram I made. Is this the correct way to setup the network? The router is just a normal home grade netgear with 4 ports on the back!
It depends on whether your modem is just a modem or whether it also acts as a gateway router, performing NAT. If it is a modem/router combo, then you could remove the Netgear router and just use switches or you can ask your ISP to change the modem to bridge mode. If it's just a modem, then your setup is correct.

Return to “Networking”