Ethernet AND Wireless go out

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
walrus71

Ethernet AND Wireless go out

Post by walrus71 »

Every so often my internet quits working on my main computer (both wireless and ethernet). It has happened a lot recently. My 2nd computer internet works just fine at the same time in wireless. So there is nothing wrong with the internet service, just somthing on the main computer or Mint. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
walrus71

Re: Ethernet AND Wireless go out

Post by walrus71 »

Well I think I figured it out because it has not yet done it again. The internet worked just fine on the 2nd computer and I realized I installed Mint without an ethernet connection. So I re-installed Mint on the main computer without an ethernet connection and now it works fine. I also remembered when I first switced to Mint (this was M15)from windows that the install did not seem to recognize my ethernet connection. So I assum M16 still has a thing with ethernet connections. But it works. :mrgreen: Hope this helps someone else.

Return to “Networking”