[solved]Elyssa XFCE - PORT FOWARDING

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
szamot83

[solved]Elyssa XFCE - PORT FOWARDING

Post by szamot83 »

Hello,
I 'm using Elyssa XFCE. I want to forward port 3000, but I don't know how.
I have ADSL line and modem Speedtouch 330. My ip change always when I reconnect to internet.
On device ETH0 my console (xbox) is plugged. Xbox have static ip.

I need to forward this port, because I have problem with program Xlink. I have asked for help on their forum and they suggest me to do this.
Link to this topic:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33464

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Elyssa XFCE - PORT FOWARDING

Post by Husse »

A port is forwarded in the router - not in the computer behind the router
Xbox can't have a static public IP and you a dynamic public IP unless you have two connections
So you forward the port in Speedtouch.... and my experience with Speedtouch is very far from favorable ...
Fred

Post by Fred »

Husse,

You are working too hard my friend. :-)

Sit back and relax and have a beverage of your choice.

Life is short,

Fred
Husse

Post by Husse »

Hi Fred
Hope there is no double meaning in your post :shock: :mrgreen:
I'm on vacation from my normal job and the rain has been pouring down...
I'll go downstairs to my lovely wife and open a beer....
Fred

Post by Fred »

Husse,

No double meaning. Meant it just like it read. You do work really hard for Mint. Just wanted you to know that I noticed. :-)

Fred
szamot83

Post by szamot83 »

Again Husse thanks for reply (you're always replying to my post's - so really thanks).

So if I understand you properly - There is no chance to forward this port like in windows XP firewall. I'm not using windows, but I know there is an option in firewall.
In speedtouch there is no option to forward port - at least I don't know about this option..

So if I buy a router and forward this port, than this port would be forwarded in PC (on Mint)? If yes, than is my firewall in Linux is off? If yes, than this is program (xlink) fault, port forwarding will not get any help.
But if my firewall is on, than even if I forward port on router, it will not help (I'm thinking loud - correct me if I'm wrong) because on Linux I have one firewall, and on router I will have second.

I know that console do not have public static IP. I have set her static ip because I need turn on ICS.

I think that my English is too poor, to give good description of my questions and problems. So if I made to many mistakes and because of it you don't know what I'm talking about - Please tell me about it, I will ask my friend to help me in writing posts. I know there is Polish Linux Mint forum, but I didn't find there any help (that not means that this forum is bad).

Best Regards
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ahh - you are not after port forwarding - you want to open a port
Ok you got this answer
You'll have to set ubuntu to use a static ip address, then forward port 30000 UDP in your router to the address you gave your computer.
If I understand this right that game (?) wants to connect to port 30000 without a request for a connection first going out
You have to install a GUI to iptables editing, popularly but wrongly called firewall. (The firewall is IPtables which is always active and does not accept a connection to a closed port by default)
Then open that port and I hope your problems should be solved
szamot83

Post by szamot83 »

Thanks for reply.

I have installed Firestarter. But I don't know how to do this.
I sshould some IP addresses, but I don't know witch Ip addresses should I enter.

I 'm going to check guarddog too, But it is for KDE not XFCE.

Sorry for so many questions, but you know - it is time to learning, and time to give advices. I'm learning now.
Husse

Post by Husse »

On the policy tab > Inbound traffic right click in the lower field > Add rule
szamot83

Post by szamot83 »

I have done it with ufw.
Thanks for help.

Return to “Networking”