Shared hard drivers

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lurifixen369

Shared hard drivers

Post by Lurifixen369 »

Hello

Iam not a power user to Linux but I have just install Linux Mint 16 on my desktop and really like it.
But I have one big problem I cant share my hard drivers from my linux to my Windows 7 computer. I can se my hard drivers on my Windows 7 computer when I try to go in to the hard drivers I get access denied.
I try with my user who is in the group Administrator and I have to try with hard drivers that are NTFS and Linux filesystem but nothing works....

I need a guide or something thats help me
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Shared hard drivers

Post by altair4 »

I'm going to guess that you are using Samba to share these partitions or directories. If this is correct please post the output of these commands so we know how you are set up:

Code: Select all

testparm -s

net usershare info --long
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Lurifixen369

Post by Lurifixen369 »

altair4 wrote:I'm going to guess that you are using Samba to share these partitions or directories. If this is correct please post the output of these commands so we know how you are set up:

testparm -s

No I just right click on the partition that I want to share and than on the share patch and share. I just think that should work beacuse that partitions shows on my Windows machine.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

I don't know what that means. You right click the folder and Select "sharing options"? If you so you using samba.

I'm also guessing here that you are using Mint Cinnamon.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Lurifixen369

Post by Lurifixen369 »

altair4 wrote:I don't know what that means. You right click the folder and Select "sharing options"? If you so you using samba.

I'm also guessing here that you are using Mint Cinnamon.
Sorry my bad... But you have right with your guessings
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Then do this please:
altair4 wrote:I'm going to guess that you are using Samba to share these partitions or directories. If this is correct please post the output of these commands so we know how you are set up:

testparm -s

Lurifixen369

Post by Lurifixen369 »

altair4 wrote:Then do this please:

testparm -s

When I try to log on with my user i get this

"is not available. Maybe you do not have permission to use this resource. Ask your server administrator for help. Several simultaneously server connections or resources that are shared by the same user using more than one username is not permitted. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared RESOURCES and try again"
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

I can't help you without the information I requested.
Lurifixen369

Post by Lurifixen369 »

altair4 wrote:I can't help you without the information I requested.
I wrote in the code in the terminal and all looks fine. But when I try to log on with my user on my Windows desktop I get that I wrote

testparm -s

Return to “Networking”