Router Issue

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Router Issue

Post by Jessey Lawson »

Hy guys recently I have had issues with my rounter and it has been a pain in the neck. I am currently running Linux Mint 16 and Xubuntu 14.04. The pc seems not to dectect the network or the router at all. I have tested the network with my mothers laptop and it works fine, hence how I am leaveing this message. The router is made by Netgear and I got it from our ISP. I tried copying the info from the network settings from my mothers laptop to the desktop PC and yet it did not work. Do you guys think this could be a hardware issue are a software issue, or a ISP issue

Code: Select all

lo            link encap:local loopback
               inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
               inet6 addr:  ::1/128  Scope:Host
               UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
               RX packets:1162 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
               RX packets:1162 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
               collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
               RX bytes:95561  (95.5 KB) TX bytes:95561 (95.5 KB)

It seems like it is only effecting my desktop conmputer. I chec ked the ubuntu formus, but they only answer they have is to turn off the computer and I have done that plenty of times by now and it has not worked. I also tried using a Live CD of Linux Mint 16 one I burned my self and one from Linux Format. None of them were able to connect to the internet.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lanser

Re: Router Issue

Post by Lanser »

Jessey. Are you trying to connect via Wireless or Ethernet cable ?
Can you log onto the Router from your PC ?

Lanser
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Router Issue

Post by JeremyB »

rfkill list

lspci

lsusb