Networked computers not seen

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cy1clown
Level 2
Level 2

Networked computers not seen

Post by Cy1clown »

I have several Mint 17 computers on my home network and when I open the Files program and go to the network location none of them show up. I just see the Windows Network in the listing and that is all. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks
Jon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Networked computers not seen

Post by altair4 »

Since this is an all Linux network and you are using Samba there's 3 ways to play this:

The Windows Way: Samba Browsing Problems Checklist

The Linux Way: Avahi Networking - note item [3b]

The Easy Way: Just access them directly and bookmark them - just replace dolphin with your own file manager's name

The "Windows" way is the most difficult to set up because it's using Microsoft's rules. The "Linux" way is the most elegant approach in my opinion but I'm biased. The "Easy" way is really a stripped down version of the "Linux" way.

I should have shut down 2 hours ago so if you have any issues I'll be here tomorrow.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Networking”