Connecting printer directly to router?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Old Marcus

Connecting printer directly to router?

Post by Old Marcus »

I have an old BJC-4300 printer on our network, and I was wondering if there was any adapters around that would make plugging it into the router possible, so my dad's computer doesn't have to be switched on for me to print. The router has ethernet ports and a USB port on it. An adapter to allow the printer's parallel(or serial? can't remember which is which) plug to plug into the router would be handy. if anyone knows anything, please post. Cheers. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Connecting printer directly to router?

Post by Alpha-Geek »

You could use a parallel print server like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833156026
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

Would that then allow me to connect a lead from it to the router? I guess it would.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Some routers have a USB port just for the printer. A wizard / software configures the printer.
EG: the Dlink DIR-120 does this.
However, it must be a 'printer" per sec, not a MFD or similar.

P.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Networking”