Allow Linux to Read Network Card

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
captain_juno

Allow Linux to Read Network Card

Post by captain_juno »

I'm using an old frankenstein machine to run linux on and it is running fine with DSL but I want Linux Mint... my first love. But, in order for the internet to work on DSL, I had to comment out my card in a config file in order to allow DSL to read it. DSL had an automatic function, but that did not detect my crappy card. And, what I've found out, is the LiveCD version of Linux Mint does not connect to the internet automatically, so I'm thinking I'll have to do something similar with an install of LM to get the net working. Before I wipe my system and put LM on, is there a way of commenting out my card or anything similar?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Allow Linux to Read Network Card

Post by Husse »

Well, you did not tell us what card it is.
The best would be to check out what you did in DSL and tell us that too
captain_juno

Re: Allow Linux to Read Network Card

Post by captain_juno »

Yeah, that's one of the problem is I cannot remember what file I configured in DSL. It was a file containing a lot of cards and I had to go through the list and uncomment out my card (3Comm EtherLink). I'm actually in the process right now installing Mint and we'll see if it can automatically configure it (it didn't in LiveCD).

Return to “Networking”