Ethernet not connecting

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TGIF

Ethernet not connecting

Post by TGIF »

I have a Toshiba satellite a100 with Felicia installed. When I connect to my router, a Siemens speedstream 6520, put my pass and user into the dsl connecton windows (although i don't know what is meant by "service"), it doesn't connect. On Vista it connected.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Ethernet not connecting

Post by Fornhamfred »

Hi

Have a look at this Ubuntu thread it should work for you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=318154

Good Luck
TGIF

Post by TGIF »

I visited that forum, and tried the repairs, but no luck. I also noted that they suggest resetting to factory defaults, which I did, and still no luck. I ran the latest version of Knoppix from CD and no connection. I also tried with Slitaz, which couldn't even find a wifi connection (as LM and Knoppix had). So I guess that it's the modem - does that mean I have to go out and buy another modem just for the laptop?
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

Sorry you are still having problems. I am assuming that you are trying to connect wirelessly, have you tried wired and if so does it work. Also as suggested in the link are you able to try your Mint machine on a friends modem?

Return to “Networking”