LAN games usng DOTA not connecting

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miket

Re: LAN games usng DOTA not connecting

Post by miket »

Hi !
demstriker wrote:im using mint main edition installed in my two computers... i cant let them connect each other...
if ill use my 3rd PC with win XP , my two linux PC can connect to the game Dota Frozen Throne created by XP pc..

please help...
You've not told us anything about how your network is setup so we are a little in the dark here?
Are you using static IP Addresses on your PCs or DHCP dynamic IP Addresses ?

If you open a Terminal from the Main Mint Menu, can you ping any of the other machines on your network ?
If you are not sure how they are setup can you please type this command in the terminal and paste the results back here for me to look at:

Code: Select all

ifconfig -a
Do this on each of the Linux machines please.
Please also let me know what ports the game you are playing uses and if it needs some kind of server process running to be able to connect to it?

Once we have a little more information from you I'm sure we will be able to help.

Mike.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”