'95 is sickening...

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FyrFyt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: '95 is sickening...

Post by FyrFyt »

First off. If you have been tide to 95 I think you need to find a new ISP.

Hope you get things worked out. I am sure there is a fix out there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Check in Internet Explorer's advanced settings for the information and look in Networking in the Control Panel. The settings have to be there somewhere. Your ISP should provide you with the information, you are a paying customer.
BAD

Post by BAD »

Can you get another internet service. you say you have dial up - I assume you live in the USA cable is about $30 a month with no package for the low end $50 for the high end, DSL is about $15 for the low end you may need a second line which the phone company will soak you for up to $100 + a monthly fee about $6 thats not worth it though.
Get your family to sign up for a cheep DSL then you can get a router with a firewall.
you can then put Mint on all their computers

Post by Guest »

some people do not understand that cable or dsl is not an option for some of us because we live too far away from town. my only option is satellite which cost to much for what you get
BAD

Post by BAD »

You may want to look into Skyway satellite. Home equipment $149 +$100 rebate = $49 for the equipment, $25 activation fee, $49 S&H and two choices for monthly service fee 1. $29.95 a month or 2. pay for 12 months upfront $359.40 and get 1 month free. This is a self install professional install costs $149 more.
This was the best deal I saw.
The others I saw were $60-$70 per month.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

My question is, why are you still using Windows95, and how is your isp locking you into using it? I guess I'm a little confused on how your isp, has control over what OS you use.
chromeronin

Post by chromeronin »

Does your ISP have a web page? Usually connection info will be listed there.

Return to “Networking”