A Mint FVWM complete desktop customization. Anyone qualifies

Questions and thoughts about present and future editions
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

A Mint FVWM complete desktop customization. Anyone qualifies

Postby MSXManiac on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:51 am

:D Well, I'm not crazy to ask them to do a version of Linux Mint only with FVWM simply because if you get the version with the M.A.T.E. or X.F.C.E. you can install it from the repositories. The problem is that the default theme for FVWM is very outdated and the other themes of the few available or have to do a lot of maneuvering to install or are not as functional or simply lacks elegance.

:) Starting from the concept that was used in Gnome2 and was ported to M.A.T.E., do we have someone with sufficient expertise in configuring FVWM, and using standard Mint icons, buttons and bars make a complete and functional theme version of the same features present in Linux Mint Gnome2 and M.A.T.E. versions?

:? From the little I've read, it's quite complex to configure FVWM and the original author of it is neither even slightly open to dialogue on modifications / changes / suggestions.

:shock: Either M.A.T.E. or X.F.C.E. and even Gnome3 using FVWM as the WM system is more lightweight and fluid, rather than with the OpenBox.
Faster than FVWM only if we use with PekWM or Oroborus, which are both extremely quick to build windows, but who sin in performance when you open the browser on a page stuffed or made ​​entirely in Adobe Flash. And that's where the FVWM is still flowing well.

It launched the challenge! Anyone qualifies? :?: :?: :?:
MSXManiac
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: A Mint FVWM complete desktop customization. Anyone quali

Postby Jacoby on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am

:shock:
:D Amazing! :D
:D It's awesome! :D
Why anyone think this B4? :?:
I love FVWM too mas it's default theme is ugly!
:mrgreen: I propose this idea to be implemented! :mrgreen:
Anyone qualifies? :?:
Jacoby
Level 1
Level 1

Return to About Mint Editions