Mint LXDE CE OFFICIAL!!!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint LXDE CE OFFICIAL!!!

Post by Zwopper »

exploder wrote:Zwopper, the LXDE artwork looks pretty cool! :)
Thanks! :)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
willi

Post by willi »

sorry for writing into this thread without contributing anything important.
Just wanted to thank you all a lot for making a mint distro with lxde. checked out lubuntu and u-lite but i don't like them too much. So i'm really looking forward. Meanwhile i'm using fluxbox ce which is great also.

does anybody know where I can get the wallpaper Mclovin chose? it's the best i ever saw

Kendall

Post by Kendall »

willi wrote:does anybody know where I can get the wallpaper Mclovin chose? it's the best i ever saw
It looks like he tooks the stock Felicia wallpaper and just added transparent decorations. It shouldn't be too hard to make something similar.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

does anybody know where I can get the wallpaper Mclovin chose? it's the best i ever saw
It is on the artwork site, saw it yesterday when I was looking through wallpapers.
willi

Post by willi »

exploder wrote:
It is on the artwork site, saw it yesterday when I was looking through wallpapers.
sorry for my blindness, it is really there. Thanks for pushing my nose to it. I didn't reconize it clicking through wallpapers before :roll:
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

sorry for my blindness, it is really there. Thanks for pushing my nose to it. I didn't reconize it clicking through wallpapers before :roll:
I just happened to come across that wallpaper when I was looking through the wallpapers shortly before you asked about it.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I was checking out several of the other Linux OS Forums, that I belong to ... Fedora Forum,, to be exact.

And, I caught our Kendall speaking up for Mint-LXDE and the community here.

About, that it (Mint-LXDE) is already a reality. And Mint-LXDE CE's light-weighted-ness and ease of use.
And how the community, namely Kendall, was the primary CE builder.

Go, Kendall ... !!
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Just love it . . :D . . tried it one one of those dreaded SIS chipset machines, w 512mb ram . . . WOW, this ol' AthlonXP has never run so fast . . Image

Thank you Kendall, for ALL of your hard work ! Image
mintnoob

Post by mintnoob »

Where can I download it?
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Any of the Mint download mirrors should have LXDE available by now. Unfortunately, if you are looking for a torrent download you will probably have to wait until the final stable release.
Jay514

Post by Jay514 »

I have been running Mint 8 LXDE - X64 for about a week now, HOW , WHAT , Why ? That's right X64 Mint LXDE , I just installed the LXDE X64 Packages from synaptic & mint packages from the LXDE repos over Mint 8 KDE-X64.It works stable & fast,very fast,like snap your neck fast.
If you are curoius, Take a look at the post here = http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=43211

Otherwise Kendall's x32 release should be in all the mirrors, as previously stated.
I have to give most all the credit to Kendall for his knowledge,advice & continued work on LXDE.
Jay514 :mrgreen:
mintnoob

Post by mintnoob »

Just took it for a little spin. Looks nice. Felt fast. Feels a lot like Xfce which I've been digging.

I really like the color of the panel. Can I make my Xfce panel look like that?

What do LXDE fans like it over Xfce? How's PCman compared Thunar?
christoff522

Post by christoff522 »

Hi, I have been using linux mint lxde for about 24 hours, and think its brilliant on my low ram system. i have installed xcompmgr and would like to autostart it, i was wondering...how would i go about sorting that out?

thanks!!

and keep up the good work =D
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

christoff522 wrote:Hi, I have been using linux mint lxde for about 24 hours, and think its brilliant on my low ram system. i have installed xcompmgr and would like to autostart it, i was wondering...how would i go about sorting that out?
Add the line "@xcompmgr" without the quotes to the /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart file.
christoff522

Post by christoff522 »

Thanks Kendall, youve saved me alot of stress!!

now i can run AWN =D
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by divot66 »

Great job Kendall. I`m a Xfcece user normally but this is excellent. May switch in fact. It`s so fast that once I set up
Firefox to autostart it`s up and running before my wireless can connect!!. I added Compiz and Emerald just to play around with and they run beautifully. I also added some great themes from the Ubuntu repositories to expand my choices. Here`s the link.

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/01/12-t ... nload.html
chipps61

Post by chipps61 »

Does somebody have a link where one can nab this? I've searched in the download section on here and everywhere else I can think of and can't find it.
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by divot66 »

LXDE CE RC 1

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.co...8-LXDE-RC1.iso
chipps61

Post by chipps61 »

divot66 wrote:LXDE CE RC 1

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.co...8-LXDE-RC1.iso
Heh, thank you, but... no such file or directory.
divot66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by divot66 »

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”